Link Trade Block/Error UPDATE FROM NINTENDO (PKMN BDSP)

NintendoMadeMeDoIt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
My game crashed during a trade, and now I can't trade anymore. I've been trading for hours prior with no problem and It appears that quite a few people are encountering this problem.

When I rebooted the game and attempted to continue trading with my friend (via link trade) I was greeted with this message upon requesting/accepting a trade:

"You can't perform a link trade because your last trade ended without being completed, perhaps due to a connection error or turning off the power to your system. Please wait a while without changing the time on your Nintendo switch system, then try again."

Strange...Right? Well apparently this is not a new function and it is supposed to prevent players from trading for 30 minutes after an informal disconnection. Or at least I suspect. The problem is that people have reported their accounts being denied access with the same exact message for OVER 11 DAYS. I have been "locked" from trading so to speak for over 12 hours now.

So what is the solution?

I contacted Nintendo, was on the line for an hour, spoke to a supervisor who informed me to contact "The Pokemon Company" and so I ran a google search for their number. Surprise surprise, there is no contact number. Regardless, on the official pokemon webpage they state that all inquiries (especially ones like this) about pokemon games etc are to be handled by the Nintendo Support Team.

I contacted Nintendo once again, turns out the previous person on the line wasn't taking notes and so I had to reiterate everything over the past few hours. Eventually they randomly transferred me to another supervisor who actually helped us get somewhere.

In short; there is no solution...yet.
This is clearly problem in the coding or server(s) and it needs to be addressed. After the supervisor did his own google search (ik lol) he was surprised at what the official pokemon site said and said that there will be an official report sent to the back end staff. I was informed that there will be a news update about this in the foreseeable future on the official Nintendo website and I also requested a follow up.

I hope we can solve this problem sooner than later.

Edit: The reason why I don't believe this is a BAN is because Pokemon usually informs you about that whether it be in a text box or via npc.

Last edited by NintendoMadeMeDoIt,

NintendoMadeMeDoIt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
Seriously, you need to chill. You already posted 2 threads today alone and now you're posting a third? Rather than filling the forum with more useless threads, just use the Switch Noobs Paradise instead. You'll get an answer much faster there.
If you don't have anything useful to contribute, than don't comment. The only reason why you are UNBOTHERED is because it hasn't happened to you. IMO you're a sore loser for just wasting a comment like that.

Edit: The only thing I am a noob to, is this forum. Shoot me out back if I made an extra tread or two why don't ya. I'm solving a problem. Definitely more than what you're doing.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have anything useful to contribute, than don't comment. The only reason why you are UNBOTHERED is because it hasn't happened to you. IMO you're a sore loser for just wasting a comment like that.

Edit: The only thing I am a noob to, is this forum. Shoot me out back if I made an extra tread or two why don't ya. I'm solving a problem. Definitely more than what you're doing.
I would never ever start a new thread asking for help. That would be the last thing I would do. There are several other ways of obtaining help or getting answers to commonly asked questions. And trust me, I'm not the sore loser here with a perfectly functioning console and all my games working with no issues. If anything, its probably you since you're the one in need of help but you wasted your time responding to my message instead of doing the right thing. So since you clearly don't want help, I'll continue doing actual useful stuff by helping people in the Switch Noobs Paradise.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game does warn you about this. but how did you make it crash anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended