Hacking Link NNID on an unhacked Wii U?

Karstent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Wii U console I just bought is on version 5.3.2, unhacked.

I've tried the DNS blocking methods to, well, block the updates (which works, in a way. It shows the update as cancelled in Download Management), but it still won't let me link a NNID or access the Nintendo eShop without updating first. That would allow me to purchase the DS game and do CBHC, which is my main objective.

All the guides in this forum - as far as I know - require a console that already has CFW (and use homebrew like WUP Installer) installed in it, which isn't my case. Should I just update to 5.5.5 and try the exploit? Unless there's something I have missed, I don't see any other way of getting this right.

Karstent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I thought updating to 5.5.5 was only safe for those that already had CFW in their consoles. Oh well, in that case that's a relief, thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ironic that it was on 5.3.2. that used to be the highest hackable firmware many years ago. I bought a system on that firmware when we had use loadiine way back then. I still have the system, but I updated it to 5.5.1, when it was no longer necessary to be on old firmware. my main system is on 5.5.5 (updated it about three or four weeks ago finally). there's a website that should work on 5.5.5 for browserhax, to get your foot in the door. it's mentioned in the indexiine thread, which I suggest you install as a backup. though, it won't matter much on cbhc.

Karstent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I ended up following the wiiu hacks guide page and the exploit worked just fine (it said 5.5.X, so that gave me enough confidence to do it). I am surprised by how easy the whole process was, though. Let's hope they don't patch the console again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a