Homebrew Link - Mii Maker & Wii Shop Channel BGM on Homebrew Channel & Loadiine GX2

HomeStarRunnerTron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT 8/24/2019: In this link, I have the Homebrew Channel with a loop of the Mii Maker song over it, Loadiine GX2 with a loop of the Wii Shop Channel song over it, then a custom ELF of WUP Installer GX2 that CreeperMario so graciously helped me compile-- it has a long 5-minute loop of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians over it!! Perfect installing music, I think.

https://mega.nz/#F!jhYhgAJJ!lINP9Ap4YHL79xHyP9o91g

I think it makes everything that much more fun to navigate. : ) These loops never get old for me.

Last edited by HomeStarRunnerTron,
D

Deleted User

The loop functions perfectly, but NOT when you actually install something.
In order to install something, WUPInstaller has to switch the running title to the Wii U Menu in order to gain access to the install functions. During this state, although the console's title installer is reading from the SD card, WUPInstaller itself cannot access it, and so it falls back to the music included with the app (which is already loaded in RAM).

If you want to change the music during this step, you will need to retrieve the source code for the app, change the music in the source code folder, recompile the app and use your modified version.

Reactions: HomeStarRunnerTron

HomeStarRunnerTron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to install something, WUPInstaller has to switch the running title to the Wii U Menu in order to gain access to the install functions. During this state, although the console's title installer is reading from the SD card, WUPInstaller itself cannot access it, and so it falls back to the music included with the app (which is already loaded in RAM).

If you want to change the music during this step, you will need to retrieve the source code for the app, change the music in the source code folder, recompile the app and use your modified version.

Ahhh, thank you so much for the explanation. So... I see that the source code is here: https://sourceforge.net/p/wup-installer-gx2/code/HEAD/tree/ ... Is there any good tutorials about how to properly recompile the app afterward? Sorry for the trouble-- it'd mean so much to me. : )

EDIT: I've installed devkitPro pacman, still trying to figure out exactly what commands to run, hahaha...
EDIT 2: Okay, so I've gotten libogc & portlibs installed... but still no luck. I get this gobbledygook...

Code:
Generating filelist.h for 0 files.
svnrev.c created at Rev 1
Application.cpp
main.cpp
CFile.cpp
/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/CFile.cpp: In member function 'int CFile::fwrite(const char*, ...)':
/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/CFile.cpp:185:6: error: 'vasprintf' was not declared in this scope
  if((vasprintf(&tmp, format, va) >= 0) && tmp)
      ^~~~~~~~~
/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/CFile.cpp:185:6: note: suggested alternative: 'vasnprintf'
  if((vasprintf(&tmp, format, va) >= 0) && tmp)
      ^~~~~~~~~
      vasnprintf
make[1]: *** [CFile.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

D

Deleted User

I just tried building it myself and I can safely say that you haven't done anything wrong, its just that WUPInstaller GX2 is relatively old code that needs to be changed slightly to work with the newer compiler toolchains devkitPro provide.

The error that you are receiving states that the standard library function 'vasprintf' couldn't be found, this is because in newer versions of devkitPPC, the function seems to be hidden behind the compile-time definiton '_GNU_SOURCE'.

In addition to this, there are more errors you may receive later on regarding missing function definitions for bzip2 and ogg-related functions.

I was able to make it work by opening the Makefile in a plain text editor and making the following changes:

Underneath the "options for code generation" comment, find the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables and change them to the following:
Code:
CFLAGS    :=  -std=gnu11 -D_GNU_SOURCE -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float \
            -ffast-math -O3 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter \
            -Wno-strict-aliasing $(INCLUDE)
CXXFLAGS := -std=gnu++11 -D_GNU_SOURCE -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float \
            -ffast-math -O3 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter \
            -Wno-strict-aliasing $(INCLUDE)

This sets the flag enabling access to the 'vasprintf' function.

Also look for the LIBS variable shortly undernath and add '-logg -lbz2' to the end, so that it looks like this:
Code:
LIBS    := -lgcc -lgd -lpng -lz -lfreetype -lmad -lvorbisidec -logg -lbz2

This is done to resolve functions for ogg and bzip file reading. With previous versions of devkitPPC, we were able to provide our own portlibs packages (which contain external functions such as image and sound file processing), however since moving to pacman, its easier to just use devkitPro's own portlibs packages, which are synchronised using pacman. However, because these are newer versions, they contain extra dependencies (in this case libogg and libbz2) that weren't previously necessary, so we have to manually add them to WUPInstaller.

Also make sure that the necessary portlibs packages have been installed: "pacman -S ppc-bzip2 ppc-freetype ppc-glm ppc-libgd ppc-libjpeg-turbo ppc-libmad ppc-libogg ppc-libpng ppc-vorbisidec ppc-zlib"

HomeStarRunnerTron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried building it myself and I can safely say that you haven't done anything wrong, its just that WUPInstaller GX2 is relatively old code that needs to be changed slightly to work with the newer compiler toolchains devkitPro provide.

Wow, absolutely amazing. Thank you SO much for doing all you have to help me out. I added in your Makefile additions, and the process went MUCH farther, but still ultimately failed. When I tried to install ppc-vorbisidec, it said there wasn't such a thing to download? Everything else SEEMED to be installed, though... Perhaps I'm wrong, though! (When I look for ppc-vorbisidec.a in that folder, though, it's there!) Here's the whole thing...

Code:

CFile.cpp

CFolderList.cpp

DirList.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/DirList.cpp: In member function 'bool DirList::LoadPath(const string&, const char*, u32, u32)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/DirList.cpp:75:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(folderpath.find('/') == std::string::npos)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/DirList.cpp:78:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return InternalLoadPath(folderpath);

^~~~~~

FreeTypeGX.cpp

GuiButton.cpp

GuiElement.cpp

GuiFrame.cpp

GuiImage.cpp

GuiImageAsync.cpp

GuiImageData.cpp

GuiParticleImage.cpp

GuiSound.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp: In member function 'bool GuiSound::Load(const char*)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:67:5:warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(voice < 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:70:2:note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return true;

^~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp: In member function 'bool GuiSound::Load(const u8*, s32)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:101:5 warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(voice < 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:104:2 note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return true;

^~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp: In member function 'bool GuiSound::IsPlaying()':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:164:5 warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(v)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:167:2 note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return false;

^~~~~~

GuiText.cpp

GuiTrigger.cpp

MessageBox.cpp

Scrollbar.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/Scrollbar.cpp: In member function 'void Scrollbar::OnBoxButtonHold(GuiButton*, const GuiController*, GuiTrigger*)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/Scrollbar.cpp:167:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(EntrieCount == 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/Scrollbar.cpp:170:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

if(!controller->data.validPointer)

^~

BrowserWindow.cpp

HomeImg.cpp

InstallWindow.cpp

MainWindow.cpp

ProgressWindow.cpp

Resources.cpp

BufferCircle.cpp

Mp3Decoder.cpp

OggDecoder.cpp

SoundDecoder.cpp

SoundHandler.cpp

WavDecoder.cpp

AsyncDeleter.cpp

power.cpp

StringTools.cpp

CVideo.cpp

ColorShader.cpp

FXAAShader.cpp

Shader3D.cpp

ShaderFractalColor.cpp

Texture2DShader.cpp

entry.c

retain_vars.c

svnrev.c

ax_functions.c

fs_functions.c

gx2_functions.c

os_functions.c

padscore_functions.c

socket_functions.c

sys_functions.c

vpad_functions.c

fs_utils.c

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c: In function 'LoadFileToMem':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c:98:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(size)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c:101:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return filesize;

^~~~~~

sd_fat_devoptab.c

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:833:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_close_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:833:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.close_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:834:5: warning: initialization of 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, const char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, const char *, unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  const char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  const char *, unsigned int)'} -Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_write_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:834:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.write_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:835:5: warning: initialization of 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, char *, unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  char *, size_t)' {aka int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  char *, unsigned int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_read_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:835:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.read_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:836:5: warning: initialization of 'off_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, off_t,  int' {aka 'long long int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, long long int,  int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'off_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  off_t,  int)' {aka 'long long int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  long long int,  int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_seek_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:836:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.seek_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:837:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, struct stat *' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  struct stat *)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_fstat_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:837:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.fstat_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:850:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, off_t)' {aka int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, long long int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  off_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  long long int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_ftruncate_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:850:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.ftruncate_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:851:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_fsync_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:851:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.fsync_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:855:1: warning: missing initializer for field 'rmdir_r' of 'devoptab_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} [-Wmissing-field-initializers]

};

^

In file included from /opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/powerpc-eabi/include/sys/dirent.h:12,

from /Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:27:

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/powerpc-eabi/include/sys/iosupport.h:65:8: note: 'rmdir_r' declared here

int (*rmdir_r)(struct _reent *r, const char *name);

^~~~~~~

exception_handler.c

memory.c

logger.c

choiceCheckedRectangle.png

/bin/sh: bin2s: command not found

choiceSelectedRectangle.png

choiceUncheckedRectangle.png

errorIcon.png

exclamationIcon.png

home.png

informationIcon.png

messageBox.png

messageBoxButton.png

messageBoxButtonSelected.png

minus.png

player1_point.png

player2_point.png

player3_point.png

player4_point.png

plus.png

progressBar.png

progressWindow.png

questionIcon.png

scrollbarButton.png

scrollbarLine.png

select_button.png

splash.png

titleHeader.png

validIcon.png

warningIcon.png

font.ttf

bgMusic.ogg

button_click.mp3

linking ... wup_installer_gx2.elf

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib/libvorbisidec.a(info.o): in function `vorbis_comment_query_count':

info.c:(.text+0xa16): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: info.c:(.text+0xa1e): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib/libvorbisidec.a(info.o): in function `vorbis_comment_query':

info.c:(.text+0xbaa): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: info.c:(.text+0xbb2): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/wup_installer_gx2.elf] Error 1

make: *** [build] Error 2

D

Deleted User

To resolve the "bin2s: command not found" warning, install devkitPro's general-tools package with "pacman -S general-tools".

As for the other error (undefined reference to '__ctype_ptr__' in libvorbisidec) I have no idea what's causing that. I can't reproduce this on my machine.

You mentioned before that the package 'ppc-vorbisidec' doesn't exist, and you are correct - I meant to say 'ppc-libvorbisidec', sorry! But you also mentioned that the file was already there - it might be an outdated version?

I really don't have a solution I'm 100% confident in, but there are two things you can try that might solve this. Use 'pacman -S ppc-libvorbisidec' to (re-)install libvorbisidec, which will ensure that you are using the same version I am, which seems to work on my end.

If that doesn't work, something that might help is updating the LIBDIRS variable in the Makefile, it contains the path "$(DEVKITPPC)/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2", changing it to "$(DEVKITPPC)/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.3.0" might resolve the issue.

If not, then I don't know. Best of luck!

HomeStarRunnerTron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To resolve the "bin2s: command not found" warning, install devkitPro's general-tools package with "pacman -S general-tools".

As for the other error (undefined reference to '__ctype_ptr__' in libvorbisidec) I have no idea what's causing that. I can't reproduce this on my machine.

You mentioned before that the package 'ppc-vorbisidec' doesn't exist, and you are correct - I meant to say 'ppc-libvorbisidec', sorry! But you also mentioned that the file was already there - it might be an outdated version?

I really don't have a solution I'm 100% confident in, but there are two things you can try that might solve this. Use 'pacman -S ppc-libvorbisidec' to (re-)install libvorbisidec, which will ensure that you are using the same version I am, which seems to work on my end.

If that doesn't work, something that might help is updating the LIBDIRS variable in the Makefile, it contains the path "$(DEVKITPPC)/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2", changing it to "$(DEVKITPPC)/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.3.0" might resolve the issue.

If not, then I don't know. Best of luck!

WHOOHOO, okay, final stretch here-- I deleted all my old versions of portlibs stuff & reinstalled everything, including ppc-libvorbisidec (so glad I mentioned that), and it does, in-fact make a .elf. HOWEVER, it's not actually putting in any images or sounds still-- it STILL comes up with a bin2s error, and I have the newest versions of those general-tools installed.

Here's the very long bit of code--

Code:
./filelist.sh: line 27: gfind: command not found

Application.cpp

main.cpp

CFile.cpp

CFolderList.cpp

DirList.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/DirList.cpp: In member function 'bool DirList::LoadPath(const string&, const char*, u32, u32)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/DirList.cpp:75:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/DirList.cpp:78:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

^~~~~~

FreeTypeGX.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/FreeTypeGX.cpp: In member function 'void FreeTypeGX::loadGlyphData(FT_Bitmap*, ftgxCharData*)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/FreeTypeGX.cpp:290:15: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: 'int32_' {aka 'int'} and 'unsigned int' [-Wsign-compare]

for(y = 0; y < bmp->rows; y++)

~~^~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/FreeTypeGX.cpp:292:16: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: 'int32_' {aka 'int'} and 'unsigned int' [-Wsign-compare]

for(x = 0; x < bmp->width; x++)

~~^~~~~~~~~~~~

GuiButton.cpp

GuiElement.cpp

GuiFrame.cpp

GuiImage.cpp

GuiImageAsync.cpp

GuiImageData.cpp

GuiParticleImage.cpp

GuiSound.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp: In member function 'bool GuiSound::Load(const char*)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:67:5:warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(voice < 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:70:2:note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return true;

^~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp: In member function 'bool GuiSound::Load(const u8*, s32)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:101:5 warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(voice < 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:104:2 note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return true;

^~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp: In member function 'bool GuiSound::IsPlaying()':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:164:5 warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(v)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:167:2 note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return false;

^~~~~~

GuiText.cpp

GuiTrigger.cpp

MessageBox.cpp

Scrollbar.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/Scrollbar.cpp: In member function 'void Scrollbar::OnBoxButtonHold(GuiButton*, const GuiController*, GuiTrigger*)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/Scrollbar.cpp:167:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(EntrieCount == 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/Scrollbar.cpp:170:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

^~

BrowserWindow.cpp

HomeImg.cpp

InstallWindow.cpp

MainWindow.cpp

ProgressWindow.cpp

Resources.cpp

BufferCircle.cpp

Mp3Decoder.cpp

OggDecoder.cpp

SoundDecoder.cpp

SoundHandler.cpp

WavDecoder.cpp

AsyncDeleter.cpp

power.cpp

StringTools.cpp

CVideo.cpp

ColorShader.cpp

FXAAShader.cpp

Shader3D.cpp

ShaderFractalColor.cpp

Texture2DShader.cpp

entry.c

retain_vars.c

svnrev.c

ax_functions.c

fs_functions.c

gx2_functions.c

os_functions.c

padscore_functions.c

socket_functions.c

sys_functions.c

vpad_functions.c

fs_utils.c

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c: In function 'LoadFileToMem':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c:98:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(size)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c:101:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return filesize;

^~~~~~

sd_fat_devoptab.c

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:833:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_close_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:833:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.close_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:834:5: warning: initialization of 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, const char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, const char *, unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  const char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  const char *, unsigned int)'} -Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_write_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:834:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.write_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:835:5: warning: initialization of 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, char *, unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  char *, size_t)' {aka int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  char *, unsigned int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_read_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:835:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.read_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:836:5: warning: initialization of 'off_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, off_t,  int' {aka 'long long int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, long long int,  int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'off_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  off_t,  int)' {aka 'long long int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  long long int,  int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_seek_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:836:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.seek_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:837:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, struct stat *' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  struct stat *)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_fstat_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:837:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.fstat_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:850:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, off_t)' {aka int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, long long int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  off_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  long long int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_ftruncate_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:850:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.ftruncate_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:851:5: warning: initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_fsync_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:851:5: note: (near initialization for 'devops_sd_fat.fsync_r')

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:855:1: warning: missing initializer for field 'rmdir_r' of 'devoptab_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} [-Wmissing-field-initializers]

};

^

In file included from /opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/powerpc-eabi/include/sys/dirent.h:12,

from /Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:27:

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/powerpc-eabi/include/sys/iosupport.h:65:8: note: 'rmdir_r' declared here

^~~~~~~

exception_handler.c

memory.c

logger.c

errorIcon.png

exclamationIcon.png

home.png

informationIcon.png

messageBox.png

messageBoxButton.png

minus.png

player1_point.png

player2_point.png

player3_point.png

player4_point.png

plus.png

progressBar.png

progressWindow.png

questionIcon.png

scrollbarButton.png

scrollbarLine.png

select_button.png

splash.png

titleHeader.png

validIcon.png

warningIcon.png

font.ttf

bgMusic.ogg

button_click.mp3

accounts-MacBook-Pro:wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk account$ sudo pacman -S general-tools

Password:

sudo: pacman: command not found

accounts-MacBook-Pro:wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk account$ sudo dkp-pacman -S general-tools

warning: general-tools-1.0.2-3 is up to date -- reinstalling

resolving dependencies...

looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) general-tools-1.0.2-3

Total Installed Size:  0.10 MiB

Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y

(1/1) checking package integrity                         [##############################] 100%

(1/1) loading package files                              [##############################] 100%

(1/1) checking for file conflicts                        [##############################] 100%

(1/1) checking available disk space                      [##############################] 100%

:: Processing package changes...

(1/1) reinstalling general-tools                         [##############################] 100%

accounts-MacBook-Pro:wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk account$ sudo dkp-pacman -S general-tools

warning: general-tools-1.0.2-3 is up to date -- reinstalling

resolving dependencies...

looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) general-tools-1.0.2-3

Total Installed Size:  0.10 MiB

Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y

(1/1) checking package integrity                         [##############################] 100%

(1/1) loading package files                              [##############################] 100%

(1/1) checking for file conflicts                        [##############################] 100%

(1/1) checking available disk space                      [##############################] 100%

warning: could not get file information for opt/devkitpro/tools/

warning: could not get file information for opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/

warning: could not get file information for opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/bin2s

warning: could not get file information for opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/bmp2bin

warning: could not get file information for opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/padbin

warning: could not get file information for opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/raw2c

:: Processing package changes...

(1/1) reinstalling general-tools                         [##############################] 100%

accounts-MacBook-Pro:wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk account$ make

./filelist.sh: line 27: gfind: command not found

Application.cpp

main.cpp

CFile.cpp

CFolderList.cpp

DirList.cpp

^~

^~~~~~

FreeTypeGX.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/FreeTypeGX.cpp: In member function 'void FreeTypeGX::loadGlyphData(FT_Bitmap*, ftgxCharData*)':

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/FreeTypeGX.cpp:290:15: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: 'int32_t' {aka 'int'} and 'unsigned int' [-Wsign-compare]

for(y = 0; y < bmp->rows; y++)

~~^~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/FreeTypeGX.cpp:292:16: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: 'int32_t' {aka 'int'} and 'unsigned int' [-Wsign-compare]

for(x = 0; x < bmp->width; x++)

~~^~~~~~~~~~~~

GuiButton.cpp

GuiElement.cpp

GuiFrame.cpp

GuiImage.cpp

GuiImageAsync.cpp

GuiImageData.cpp

GuiParticleImage.cpp

GuiSound.cpp

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:67:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(voice < 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:70:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return true;

^~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:101:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(voice < 0)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:104:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return true;

^~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:164:5: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(v)

^~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/gui/GuiSound.cpp:167:2: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'

return false;

^~~~~~

GuiText.cpp

GuiTrigger.cpp

MessageBox.cpp

Scrollbar.cpp

if(EntrieCount == 0)

^~

^~

BrowserWindow.cpp

HomeImg.cpp

InstallWindow.cpp

MainWindow.cpp

ProgressWindow.cpp

Resources.cpp

BufferCircle.cpp

Mp3Decoder.cpp

OggDecoder.cpp

SoundDecoder.cpp

SoundHandler.cpp

WavDecoder.cpp

AsyncDeleter.cpp

power.cpp

StringTools.cpp

CVideo.cpp

ColorShader.cpp

FXAAShader.cpp

Shader3D.cpp

ShaderFractalColor.cpp

Texture2DShader.cpp

entry.c

retain_vars.c

svnrev.c

ax_functions.c

fs_functions.c

gx2_functions.c

os_functions.c

padscore_functions.c

socket_functions.c

sys_functions.c

vpad_functions.c

fs_utils.c

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/fs_utils.c:98:5: warning: this 'i' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]

if(size)

^~

return filesize;

^~~~~~

sd_fat_devoptab.c

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:833:5: warning:initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_close_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:834:5: warning:initialization of 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, const char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, const char *, unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  const char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  const char *, unsigned int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_write_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:835:5: warning:initialization of 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, char *, unsigned int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'ssize_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  char *, size_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  char *, unsigned int)'} -Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_read_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:836:5: warning:initialization of 'off_t (*)(struct _reent *, void *, off_t,  int)' {aka 'long long int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, long long int,  int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'off_t (*)(struct _reent *, int,  off_t,  int)' {aka 'long long int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  long long int,  int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_seek_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:837:5: warning:initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, struct stat *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  struct stat *)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_fstat_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:850:5: warning:initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, off_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *, long long int)'} from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  off_t)' {aka 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int,  long long int)'} [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_ftruncate_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:851:5: warning:initialization of 'int (*)(struct _reent *, void *)' from incompatible pointer type 'int (*)(struct _reent *, int)' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

sd_fat_fsync_r,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Users/account/Desktop/wup-installer-gx2-code-r21-trunk/src/fs/sd_fat_devoptab.c:855:1: warning:missing initializer for field 'rmdir_r' of 'devoptab_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} [-Wmissing-field-initializers]

};

^

^~~~~~~

exception_handler.c

memory.c

logger.c

errorIcon.png

exclamationIcon.png

home.png

informationIcon.png

messageBox.png

messageBoxButton.png

minus.png

player1_point.png

player2_point.png

player3_point.png

player4_point.png

plus.png

progressBar.png

progressWindow.png

questionIcon.png

scrollbarButton.png

scrollbarLine.png

select_button.png

splash.png

titleHeader.png

validIcon.png

warningIcon.png

font.ttf

bgMusic.ogg

button_click.mp3

Due to not having any graphics or sounds in it, the ELF only comes out to be about 1.8MB, as opposed to its normal size of 2.8MB. Since there'll be no images or sounds, I don't think it's safe to try it out, hahaha.

Once again, thank you SO much for your help. : )

D

Deleted User

At the top there's the error message "gfind - command not found" - you wouldn't happen to be using macOS, would you? :P

So next you'll need to install the GNU coreutils package - if you are using macOS, this is not provided through pacman, but rather Homebrew. Install Homebrew and then run "brew install coreutils" - this will give you gfind (GNU find).

On Windows and Linux, the PATH variable (basically a list of locations where software is stored) is updated automatically when installing devkitPro software, but on macOS, it is not. You may need to run "export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro" and then "export PATH=$PATH:$DEVKITPRO/tools/bin" which adds devkitPro's general-tools directory to the PATH. Then try running "bin2s" from your Terminal and see if it works.

HomeStarRunnerTron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the top there's the error message "gfind - command not found" - you wouldn't happen to be using macOS, would you? :P

So next you'll need to install the GNU coreutils package - if you are using macOS, this is not provided through pacman, but rather Homebrew. Install Homebrew and then run "brew install coreutils" - this will give you gfind (GNU find).

On Windows and Linux, the PATH variable (basically a list of locations where software is stored) is updated automatically when installing devkitPro software, but on macOS, it is not. You may need to run "export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro" and then "export PATH=$PATH:$DEVKITPRO/tools/bin" which adds devkitPro's general-tools directory to the PATH. Then try running "bin2s" from your Terminal and see if it works.

(Yes, hahaha, I AM using macOS!) IT ALL WORKS!! I didn't need to install coreutils, it was findutils! ^_^ Thankyousosoextremelymuch.

ONE MINOR SNAG... ... my music file is too big to use, HAHAHAH. WAAAHhahaha.

Do you happen to know what's the absolute biggest I can make my ELF and still have it run? You are da' realest.

vlcsnap-2019-08-24-16h26m27s338.png

EDIT: I made the entire ELF JUST shy of 5MB, compressing my OGG waaay way down (& also shortening the loop to about 5 minutes), and it TOTALLY WORKS. Completely worth it to me, and hopefully to, like... one other person in the world who loves both Nintendo Homebrew & Steve Reich. Thank you so, so much for all of your help! Just fixed the download in the first post to have this new ELF. I also uploaded the other ELF that gets made? DBG, it says? Do you know what the difference is? It appears to be very, very slightly larger than the other, but they both work just fine.

Here's some footage of it working... where I accidentally caught myself dancing in the reflection of the TV screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1