Translation Line Attack Heroes English translation for Wii

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK. I will try to set emunand on usb and relaunch the game. Some other games don't works. For example Gyrostarr (black screen) or tnt racers (stuck on loading screen). Hope usb emunand will make Those games working.
Gyrostarr converts the wad to a free region
tnt racers game setting select ios 250

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
OK. I will try to set emunand on usb and relaunch the game. Some other games don't works. For example Gyrostarr (black screen) or tnt racers (stuck on loading screen). Hope usb emunand will make Those games working.
It's worth the try.

To be honest I don't see any reason why you should have anything on your SD card, except for apps and save games (some drives can go on sleepy mode, which can cause issue).

USB will give you faster access to the Emunand, and much more space in case you install a lot of wad files.

Please let us know if it helped solve your issue.

Reactions: NestorM

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's worth the try.

To be honest I don't see any reason why you should have anything on your SD card, except for apps and save games (some drives can go on sleepy mode, which can cause issue).

USB will give you faster access to the Emunand, and much more space in case you install a lot of wad files.

Please let us know if it helped solve your issue.
I tried wiiflow emunand and now line attack heroes eng patched works perfectly. Thank you guys @Brand Newman @matto21

HomeStarRunnerTron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd share what worked for me, as someone who's never had this kind of problem with other games before. This might've gotten more complicated due to me beta testing and installing many, many versions of the game before this, but hey, in-case someone experiences the same issues as me (black screen after trying to boot, etc.), I'm gonna say what Brand Newman (what a guy) helped me to do...

I had no luck with using the WiiFlow emuNAND-- just black screen for that, even when I started from a brand-new rip of my emuNAND. I tried deleting my old save files for the game-- that didn't help at all. I tried installing the WAD from WiiFlow, USB Loader GX, ShowMiiNAND... none of it seemed to make a difference.

But then Brand Newman asked me to try just installing it straight to my vWii NAND-- so I moved enough stuff on my normal NAND to the SD to install Line Attack Heroes to my NAND with Wii Mod Lite... and the game just WORKED. *jazz hands* Then I decided to replace my emuNAND (on USB Loader GX) with this new version of my normal NAND (which apparently doesn't delete all the other WADs you install, somehow-- but I would suggest making a duplicate on your USB drive of your emuNAND, just in-case), and then, even when I deleted Line Attack Heroes off my normal NAND, it still booted perfectly on the emuNAND!

I don't know if this part was important, but I DID start playing it on my normal NAND, making a save there at the beginning of the game. But just to be thorough, that's another thing I did before replacing my emuNAND. Worth all the effort, for sure. And now, my Mii is gonna go smack the bejibblets out of some sentient treasure chests.

Last edited by HomeStarRunnerTron,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@Brand Newman Will you make english patch for yakuza wii u in the future ?
Hi, @NestorM .

For the time being, I don't intend to make patches for other consoles, as it would require to learn how to modify their isos in the first place.

Even translating Wii games is different from one to another, but the Wii U games' structure is actually very different (lots of "h3" and "app" files), and I wouldn't know where to begin from!

Maybe there are some translators who are more familiar with the Wii U : I'd advise you to contact them? :)

Yours truly.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hey @Brand Newman , just curious. What program(s) did you use to edit the textures in this game? Was wanting to look at the textures and can't figure out how to read them.
Hi @wiiAdventurer ,

In order to see and modify the textures, you'll first have to extract the files using ShowMiiWads (remember to get into the folder where your wad is, and check "ShowMiiWads" - not "ShowMiiNands - in the "View" option).

Once you've extracted the files by right clicking the wad and choosing the corresponding option, you'll get a folder with several "app" files.

The "app" file you want to explore is 00000002.app : it can be opened with BrawlCrate, and the texture are located in the "menu_XX.alb" files.

But in order to see them, you'll still have to do one additional step : after extracting the alb, open them with a Hex editor, and look for "55 AA 38 2D" : this will be the start of a brres containing the textures.

Copy-paste the file from this point (or delete everything before), rename it "menu_XX.brres", and it should open in BrawlCrate.

Now, if I remember correctly, some menu files have more than one 55 AA 38 2D suite, each of them corresponding to a brres, so look for the suite in the entire file if you don't want to miss anything.

There are also some textures located in the "system.alb" file from the "system" folder which are in TPL format (BrawlCrate can open them as well), but you'll first have to look for the 00 20 AF 30 suite this time (the rest of the procedure being the same).

Hope this helped, leave me a message if you're looking for a particular texture you can't find, I believe I had extracted them all when I explored the game.

Yours truly.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

PhysicalPain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Patched Game won't start, all I get is a Black Screen.
I tried with emuNAND on USB, emuNAND on SD, Force NTSC, Force NTSC 480p, installing the .wad with USB Loader GX and installing the .wad with ShowMiiNand, but nothing worked.

I already had a few WiiWare and Virtual Console Games in my emuNAND before and they start without a hitch.

My setup:
PAL (German) console with USB Loader GX v3.0 r1272 mod e25c4e7
emuNAND extracted with USB Loader GX (Everything)

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 18.12.2008
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Konsolen-ID: XXXXXXXXX
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Germany (78)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 82 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 47 IOS gefunden, von denen 15 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS41 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS222 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS223 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 18.07.2022 generiert.

USB Loader GX settings:
Nand Emu Channel Path = usb:/nands/01/
NAND Chan. Emulation = Full

And here are before and after File cheksums:
Source File:
CRC-32: 9c11cb41
Size: 47.112.320 Bytes

Patched File:
CRC-32: cf912d71
Size: 46.636.480 Bytes

Any ideas on what I can do to get the game working would be greatly appreciated!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
My Patched Game won't start, all I get is a Black Screen.
I tried with emuNAND on USB, emuNAND on SD, Force NTSC, Force NTSC 480p, installing the .wad with USB Loader GX and installing the .wad with ShowMiiNand, but nothing worked.

I already had a few WiiWare and Virtual Console Games in my emuNAND before and they start without a hitch.

My setup:
PAL (German) console with USB Loader GX v3.0 r1272 mod e25c4e7
emuNAND extracted with USB Loader GX (Everything)

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 18.12.2008
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Konsolen-ID: XXXXXXXXX
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Germany (78)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 82 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 47 IOS gefunden, von denen 15 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS41 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS222 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS223 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 18.07.2022 generiert.

USB Loader GX settings:
Nand Emu Channel Path = usb:/nands/01/
NAND Chan. Emulation = Full

And here are before and after File cheksums:
Source File:
CRC-32: 9c11cb41
Size: 47.112.320 Bytes

Patched File:
CRC-32: cf912d71
Size: 46.636.480 Bytes

Any ideas on what I can do to get the game working would be greatly appreciated!
Hi @PhysicalPain ,

I checked your CRC-32 for both your before and after wads, and they are correct, so I believe you've installed the patch on a "good" wad.

Some users have had issues with the game before, and one thing that seemed to have worked was to try to install the translated wad on real NAND, and see if it launchs.

If it does, then we can assume the game is correctly patched, and that there's something with your Emunand configuration that prevents it from launching (please note that Emunand can be slow, though, especially when it comes to save).

@HomeStarRunnerTron was amongst my beta testers who had encountered this issue (although he wasn't using a Pal Wii like you do, by the way be careful if the game runs on real NAND, and don't press "home", or it will freeze due to the video mode being different).

The trick of installing on real NAND finally worked for him, and then he could even dump it to play it on Emunand, so it's worth a try?

Just thought I'd share what worked for me, as someone who's never had this kind of problem with other games before. This might've gotten more complicated due to me beta testing and installing many, many versions of the game before this, but hey, in-case someone experiences the same issues as me (black screen after trying to boot, etc.), I'm gonna say what Brand Newman (what a guy) helped me to do...

I had no luck with using the WiiFlow emuNAND-- just black screen for that, even when I started from a brand-new rip of my emuNAND. I tried deleting my old save files for the game-- that didn't help at all. I tried installing the WAD from WiiFlow, USB Loader GX, ShowMiiNAND... none of it seemed to make a difference.

But then Brand Newman asked me to try just installing it straight to my vWii NAND-- so I moved enough stuff on my normal NAND to the SD to install Line Attack Heroes to my NAND with Wii Mod Lite... and the game just WORKED. *jazz hands* Then I decided to replace my emuNAND (on USB Loader GX) with this new version of my normal NAND (which apparently doesn't delete all the other WADs you install, somehow-- but I would suggest making a duplicate on your USB drive of your emuNAND, just in-case), and then, even when I deleted Line Attack Heroes off my normal NAND, it still booted perfectly on the emuNAND!

I don't know if this part was important, but I DID start playing it on my normal NAND, making a save there at the beginning of the game. But just to be thorough, that's another thing I did before replacing my emuNAND. Worth all the effort, for sure. And now, my Mii is gonna go smack the bejibblets out of some sentient treasure chests.

I hope this will help you boot the game, please keep us informed, and have a nice day!

PhysicalPain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm...
Installing it on realNAND worked.
After extracting the realNAND again to use as emuNAND the game works with emuNAND now too.
Even after uninstalling the game from realNAND, and even loading from SD, it just works all of a sudden.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having and using a real NAND, but okay.

Thank you for your help @Brand Newman !
And thank you for taking the time and effort to translate these games and make them available to us. I also patched Ikenie no Yoru a while ago and I really like your instruction booklets and how clear and easy it is to follow these instructions. The only thing I noticed that could be criticized is that the banner still have the original Jap logos, not the new englisch. A little food for thought for future projects maybe ;)

So, now I'm off to reinstall my WiiWare/Virtual Console Games and copy their saves from the old to the new emuNAND.

Reactions: Brand Newman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hm...
Installing it on realNAND worked.
After extracting the realNAND again to use as emuNAND the game works with emuNAND now too.
Even after uninstalling the game from realNAND, and even loading from SD, it just works all of a sudden.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having and using a real NAND, but okay.

So, now I'm off to reinstall my WiiWare/Virtual Console Games and copy their saves from the old to the new emuNAND.
I'm glad you could make it work. Somehow it seems similar to the trouble some people were meeting when trying to play "Ikenie" (whether translated or not), when non-Japanese Wii owners would get an error message unless a savegame was already present, or at least the game had been successfully booted a least once.

I'll make sure to advise everyone having trouble to install the wad on Realnand first, then. I hope you won't have too much to reinstall on your Emunand, and enjoy the game!

Northrup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any FAQ/manual for the game? For example, I noticed that one of my allys seems to like rescue missions and gets stronger when one is completed, are there other allys that like other types of missions? You are always offered three missions, how do I know which one makes the most sense? Also, I sometimes forget the controls when I'm not playing for a while, but the home button menu only shows the controls for nunchuck....

Northrup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great, when starting the next mission the console froze with black screen and now the autosave is gone...That's it then, no desire to start again from the beginning.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Great, when starting the next mission the console froze with black screen and now the autosave is gone...That's it then, no desire to start again from the beginning.
As I wrote it down on the readme file, the autosave can take a lot of time (especially after the first save) if you play the game on Emunand : that's not patch related, and you can avoid the inconvenience by playing on the real nand, assuming you have enough space, and be careful of not pressing "home" on a PAL console.

I'm not quite sure the console froze, you probably just thought it did. Especially since it didn't happen in a middle of a sentence, meaning that part of the game was most probably untouched.

Of course, bugs are always possible, whether patch related or not, but I'd advise you to test the real Nand, and see if your issue isn't just the game taking too much time to save on Emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1