Limited Run Games to release a Wii U game, company to lose money for publishing it

483D7B1B-36AF-4365-A729-DABB2418DE37.png

Although the Wii U might have been replaced and eclipsed by the Switch, some publishers haven’t entirety abandoned the short-lived console. One of which is Limited Run Games, known for helping digital only games get physical copies. According to a new tweet, their latest project involves a Wii U game. It’s apparently taken more than a year to get things sorted, and it even seems that releasing this specific title has been a financial drain, as one of the members of Limited Run Games claimed that they won’t be even close to making a profit, or even breaking even once it’s released. As to what exactly this mystery game is, we don’t know yet, but whatever it is, it appears to have been something that took a lot of effort to get a physical release. If things go well, it’ll be announced and available for sale at the end of the month, if not, you’ll have to wait until around November.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what ever it is im a buy a copy. That shit is gonna be rare. in 20 years it might become one of those games worth $10,000. Im not letting this ship sale. Hell, i think ill buy 2 copies so i can sell one in the future. i can afford to loose $50 for it if its not worth anything in the future.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot understand why they don’t revise it for the Nintendo Switch instead if it will be such a loss to the company. I wouldn’t of thought it would take that much changing. Yoka layee is a good example that’s what they did.

Last edited by Reecey,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still waiting for my pre-ordered copy of Axiom Verge which keeps getting delayed. So maybe LRG came to the rescue?
I gave up waiting for AV on Wii U and bought the LE for PS4... if this does turn out to be AV for Wii U I may have to get it.

If its Fatal Frame V I'll buy it so fucking quick.
Maiden of Black Water already had a localized physical release... in Europe (I own the limited edition).
Project_Zero_MOBW_PAL_box.jpg

I don't know why anyone would think it's Fatal Frame 5. Nintendo owns the ip, I doubt they would need another company to release it for them.
I completely agree - and that's obvious from the above box art... it doesn't even mention franchise creators (and co-owners of the IP) Koei Tecmo on the front cover. Nintendo only became involved after the first three games (which were all on PS2 and Xbox), with the Wii version of the remastered 2nd game, the Japan exclusive 4th game, the 3ds spin-off Spirit Camera, and the last game MoBW.

Last edited by duwen,

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so funny that Many of us are using game backups downloaded for free and show sympathy to this company. From a financial point of view it seems that they have invested a lot of money in game dev and they had to decide whether invest a little bit more to release the game on a older console or unlist the game, they decided to go with option 1 as it will bring some cash back greater than the little extra they are going to invest. They will also get non cash revenue, by getting more known (people like to read about companies releasing games even to dead/old console )

Last edited by HideoKojima, , Reason: More info
Reactions: anthony_link

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, all five people who actually own a Wii U get a new game.

I guess it's a good thing, I just wish they wouldn't fish for sympathy with it.

Reactions: anthony_link

anthony_link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
It looks very weird. I can't imagine what is their purpose.:O Perhaps, they are like the 99 years old granny who wants to graduate only as a matter of making a dream come true.:teach: It's a pity than Shadows of the Eternals didn't have the same destiny.:sad:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1