Limited Run Games to host their own E3 Press Conference

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 3, 2018.

Front-page
    logo.

Limited Run Games is a company that releases digital-only indie games in physical format, giving them, as the name implies, a limited run. They've given Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation 4 titles like Shadow Complex, Saturday Morning RPG, Firewatch, Ys Origin, and more a chance at a boxed release when others wouldn't. It appears that they'll be having their own press conference at this year's E3, as well. On June 11 at 3 pm ET, it'll be streamed on their official Twitch channel.

Discussion (13 replies)
  1. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    A presentation of an Limited Run Release of the Yooka-Laylee Switch Version please!:)

DarthDub, bjaxx87 and CallmeBerto like this.
  2. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    Welcome to our brand new E3 Conference where we "the providers" will give an exclusive 1st look at what the scalpers will soon be providing to you "the collectors" at an exorbitant markup!

3. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Mt. Celeste
    If they give me golf story, Sonic mania, or Celeste physically I would be happy

4. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Sonic Mania is already going physical with Sonic Mania+. I'll second the cry for Golf Story though, ooft.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    sonic mania is already getting released july 17th

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I am used to the fairly well established names saying "poke your E3, we are doing our own thing". Whether it comes in the form of Bethesda doing what they do, things like QuakeCon, Konami and even Nintendo's direct/treehouse nonsense. This however is new.

That said it might have something interesting (not that it is hard to beat the big 3/5) and something I am likely to end up playing and they have at least some kind of eye for interesting stuff if the scan of their published games is anything to go by.

7. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    I have 9 of their PS4 releases. I like that they offer an option of getting smaller games on physical when they normally wouldn't get a release. I feel bad for the people who feel compelled to buy every single release for a system though.

8. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N knows nothing

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    These days, I feel like physical releases are the only reason for owning game consoles. I miss the sensation of fully owning a game in your collection physically, and being able to look at the box art and put it on display in your home, as opposed to keeping it as volatile data sitting on your hard drive. It's something I still find lacking from PC Gaming, a medium which I prefer in almost every other aspect. I'm glad there are companies like Limited Run out there to give some decent indie titles releases. It's a shame scalpers have to take advantage of these physical releases. I guess it's the (literal) price of actively maintaining a game collection.

That said, I'm curious as to what titles they're planning to release copies of. Might be worth checking back on that later on.

9. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    lolwut. in the end, we'll get around 10+ conferences each E3.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    this... seriously why didnt yooka laylee get a physical release on switch is beyond me, i wouldnt mind snake pass either :P

11. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I agree! Would LOVE to have a physical copy of Yooka-Laylee for Switch. Sure it plays on my PC perfectly but on my wife's PC her CPU is a bottleneck. Id rather nix both PC copies and just get a Switch game card. Also on topic, I hope they open pre orders for Night Trap soon.

12. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    What are they even gonna do at E3? Announce an all new technological breakthrough in game covers?

13. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Don't you mean Yooka-Delaylee?