1. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I didn't like it because grinding for gold at the 3-snake spawn stations yield greater results than defeating regular enemies (makes it pointless to bother fighting enemies you can just run by.) THEN after grinding, the extra powers you buy are crap (like that shitty vertical kick. More dangerous than valuable at all.) Maybe the game gets better as you play, but I gave up shortly after unlocking the vertical kick.

Azerus_Kun likes this.
  2. Gon Freecss

Gon Freecss Privacy Advocate

Venezuela
    Nice to see the Game Boy Color getting some well deserved love.

Last edited by Gon Freecss, Jul 9, 2020
    MicmasH_W, James_ and Jayro like this.
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Wake me up when Minecraft Dungeons comes to Switch in physical cartridge.

4. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Netherlands
    Hoped for monkey island switch

5. Lightyose

Lightyose True Light

United States
    Still got my Shantae GBC Cartridge. But I don't use it anymore, so...

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Are they repros if they are officially sanctioned (a repro being little more than a CD burned with a copy of the ROM on it for the purposes of copyright)? Also I would hope they are built better than most repros we see.

Minox likes this.
  7. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

there are such thing as quality repros, but it still is a prero as it is not using the original pcb and components hence the name "reproduction"

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    We have a different definition of repro.

In games, especially the emulator/flash cart/ROM hacking sections of it, most would have repro be an unsanctioned recreation (whether by full custom silicon on down to repurposed original game to flash cart twisted single game running to low end flash cart design for the purposes of matters little) of a game.
    As this is presumably all sanctioned by the owners of the copyright this just makes it a second run, albeit one that happened the better part of two decades later rather than after the first batch, after the game popped, for a grey label/greatest hits/gold edition or because some group asked for one (see Gamestop and Xenoblade).

In some other fields reproduction can well just be some company decided to recreate a part or item no longer made (cars, guns and audio equipment tending to be the most popular for this) and art having a subtly different take as well (seen as most art is one off in some senses) but in games it usually is the unsanctioned thing that wins the label. This could change again in years to come as things drift into the public domain (we are likely decades before ageing out becomes a thing, this year seeing 1924 make it into the public domain in the US https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2020/ , but donations to it do happen) or similarly lax IP protections.

9. Legendaykai

Legendaykai Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Finally Grandia hd collection in physical form. Took long enough!

10. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Or a "rerelease" as it would be known in most other mediums - hell, if it were a book it would be a "second edition".
    "Reproduction" implies that it is trying to be as close to identical to the original as possible - although in terms of repro carts that barely applys as they're generally just cheap knock-offs.

I'm not keen on a lot of LRG's release practices, but I still support them creating physical releases and buy from them (and Pixelheart and Strictly Limited) whenever they release something worthy of my investment.

zfreeman likes this.
  11. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
    Former Staff

United States
    I really wish they announced this for PS4 as well. I'm going to end up buying it for Switch as that is the only way to own it physical besides the GBC cart. Then later they're going to end up porting it to PS4 and sell it to me again so I can have all 5 games on the same platform.

12. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    is shantage gbc lrg going to be officially licensed by nintendo?

13. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

no lol

Retinal_FAILURE likes this.
  14. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Knowing LRG prices one could probably buy a slightly outdated GB/GBC everdrive for the price that they'll be charging for the GBC Shantae release. Comparably their one NES game on the site is $55. :{

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  15. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    a. Do you think it will be a good buy, still, as a financial investment?
    b. Do you know how many copies LRG are going to produce?

16. Legendaykai

Legendaykai Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got two copies of the gameboy version at a charity auction and the moeny went to a good cause Lukemia research

Retinal_FAILURE and godreborn like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - releasing, original, Limited