• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,016
  • Replies 2
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
We see this from time to time. A product is announced then sells out in a few hours. Most recently this has been the case for the physical copy of Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition and the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros..

On a moral level I think both Nintendo and scalpers are to blame. Nintendo failed to produce adequate levels of stock. Scalpers shouldn't buy products just to resell them for an inflated price.

On a practical level I place the blame on Nintendo and retailers. Nintendo should anticipate the behaviour of scalpers and produce enough stock to meet the predicted demand. Retailers should use captchas to prevent bots from buying the products.

At this point in time, consumers have a hard time getting limited edition products at their RRP. The two options are either act immediately and pray or have a script constantly running at home which pre-orders products as soon as they are announced.

I was planning to buy a physical of the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition but missed out. I have no moral objection to downloading scans of the instruction manual and artbook.

Relevant link: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...listing_fire_emblems_30th_anniversary_edition

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah... That thread title sounds obvious : limited stock tends to sell out faster than (virtually) unlimited stock. So?

Look... You're not going to like the answer, but I'll give it anyway: supply and demand. Certain products are in high demand by a limited audience. As such, limited editions make sense.

I get the hatred toward scalpers but to me, they're just the byproduct of a wrong price. Scalpers know they can get more money than it's worth, so they act economically.
The best way to discourage them : don't buy what they're selling. Simple.

I also don't get it on another level : fire emblem is a nes game, right? Is it really worth that much, and if so... Why was it never fan translated?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm selling my switch games on ebay, since I bought them all digital now. anyway, ys 8 usually goes for $80, so I think I have a few games that are no longer printed. my hyrule warriors game sold for $71 used but never used. :)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    mitch1256 @ mitch1256: ok