Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kMuQS.jpg

Seems a new ad from Playdead Aps seeking a Platform Programmer has popped up on the Gamasutra website, suggesting the developer may be preparing to port Limbo to mobile devices.

The company's ad states, "We are currently investigating following new platforms; iOS, Win8, Android, NACL and other platforms could become relevant as well," and though no specific games are mentioned, one of the requirements listed for applicants says, "You are confident you can port a game to above mentioned platforms..."

Perhaps Playdead saw the success of this game and realized there's a place for their downloadable masterpiece on mobile devices as well. Though Oscura focuses more on action than puzzle solving, the two games exhibit distinct similarities.

Source: Gamasutra

Reactions: 1 person

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Limbo on any device that isn't a full on console doesn't make sense to me, that large HD experience makes this game absolutely stunning.
Then there's parts where the kid is really tiny on screen
limbo-hotel.jpg
which wouldn't translate well into smalll screens

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Limbo on any device that isn't a full on console doesn't make sense to me, that large HD experience makes this game absolutely stunning.
limbo-hotel.jpg
you can still connect it to a larger screen and still play at the console resolution of 720p (I don't know if phones support it at 1080p) and you would have a almost similar experience. I personally think the visual style works very well on mobile devices and would be just as beautifull as on the PC and consoles.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
limbo-hotel.jpg
you can still connect it to a larger screen and still play at the console resolution of 720p (I don't know if phones support it at 1080p) and you would have a almost similar experience. I personally think the visual style works very well on mobile devices and would be just as beautifull as on the PC and consoles.
but if you'd end up connecting it to a larger screen then you may as well just get the superior version optimized for the big screen

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handhelds seem like a poor choice for the game; I imagine that it would significantly hamper whatever atmosphere it's built around.

Reactions: 1 person

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got this game last week myself and love it. Made me laugh and go aahhhh more than a few times. I think this could be a great port to the 3DS but I would want to see it in 3D! It would enhance the game quite a bit if it were. This seems like it would be one of the perfect games to be in 3d with its' dark textures and spooky fogs. It would enhance the realisim quite a bit I would think.

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Limbo is available now for some Android devices. You can playing using the Onlive app. It works great on the xperia play. But any other device, you need to pair the Onlive gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs