Question Likes

Scarlet

Soy Consoomer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think an angry face will detract from any overall like totals or anything like that. The closest thing to a dislike on the site is the downvotes on threads with questions (I think these threads get the voting thing) and posts in this forum.

Again I don't think these downvotes are detrimental to any user stats, they just serve a purpose in their relevant uses.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So only a like will like and faces don't do anything? A happy face could be a like, sometimes a like just isn't enough, but you don't feel like responding. That's when those faces are nice to have.

Scarlet

Soy Consoomer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So only a like will like and faces don't do anything? A happy face could be a like, sometimes a like just isn't enough, but you don't feel like responding. That's when those faces are nice to have.
Well the like total was replaced with a "reaction score", so I think any reaction would add to that? I think we'd have to wait for an admin for official confirmation on that one, but that makes sense to me.

I do agree things like a laughing react are a good thing to avoid smaller posts that don't add to the conversation.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can see the values of each Reaction type below:

1633429135232.png

Only Like, love and haha add +1 point to a reaction score.

As you can see Wow is neutral as it can be taken either way - and sad and angry give no reaction point.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
You can see the values of each Reaction type below:

View attachment 278411

Only Like, love and haha add +1 point to a reaction score.

As you can see Wow is neutral as it can be taken either way - and sad and angry give no reaction point.
I had no idea.
I'd assume "Wow" is somewhat positive or something. I'd normally use it when something surprises me.
For example, if Nintendo announces the "Switch 2" console I'll give a "wow"

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had no idea.
I'd assume "Wow" is somewhat positive or something. I'd normally use it when something surprises me.
For example, if Nintendo announces the "Switch 2" console I'll give a "wow"
Yep totally agree wow is a positive word it should not be classed as neutral in my opinion.

Reactions: Costello

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep totally agree wow is a positive word it should not be classed as neutral in my opinion.
Imagine if someone made a shocking/disgusting post that you didn't quite agree with - a wow! Could be taken as a negative reaction. Like "Omg the audacity of this guy".

But I do somewhat agree on the issue overall - perhaps replacing it with a positive "wow" (or "fantastic!" or something) and a neutral "shock" reaction?

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: my mom wouldnt shut the fuck up about it and neither would my bitchass dad