Gaming Like some input on a repair for an ebay purchase.

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 N3DS XL's on the way, two of which Im confident on a fix. The third has got me dumbfounded, ill let you read what the Original owner said was wrong with it.

"I've had this New Nintendo 3ds XL (latest model) for a little over a year, and it has been kept in great condition. I have been playing it with no problems, but then a few days ago the system never came out of sleep mode, and the WIFI light comes off and on.

The screens are blank with no sound, and every once and a while the error will appear: "An Error Has Occurred, Hold Down the Power Button and Turn Off the Power"."

This has me thinking it could be one of two things, a Bad or Disconnected Wifi Card, or an SD Card error, Original owner couldn't give me an error code.

Edit: Mods can you move this to the correct section, I guess I got click happy and went into the wrong one.

Last edited by DHall243,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen to me when I bought a new 3ds and transferred over my stuff. I had forgotten I had one of the theme hacks set using the default theme on my original 3ds. So every time I would try and turn it on it would do the black screens.

The solution was easy, open up the new 3ds bottom and pull out the micro sd. Without the memory card in, the menu hack (a verison meant for the original 3ds model) couldn't attempted to activate. I downloaded and switched to a new theme, popped back in the micro-sd and I was good to go.

Last edited by chartube12,

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen to me when I bought a new 3ds and transferred over my stuff. I had forgotten I had one of the theme hacks set using the default theme on my original 3ds. So every time I would try and turn it on it would do the black screens.

The solution was easy, open up the new 3ds bottom and pull out the micro sd. Without the memory card in, the menu hack (a verison meant for the original 3ds model) couldn't attempted to activate. I downloaded and switched to a new theme, popped back in the micro-sd and I was good to go.

I was thinking the same thing, wonder if the SD card error will over-ride the recovery mode button combo, had her try that and had no luck. I didn't want to mention anything about the SD card, and if it is what it is....I got a steal lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.