Like / Dislike button ????

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by mad567, Jun 22, 2010.

Jun 22, 2010

Like / Dislike button ???? by mad567 at 3:28 PM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. mad567
    OP

Member mad567 D. Gregar

Greece
    I noticed that some tempers put an image sometimes that shows tha they like somethink that someone else said......

So i'm wondering is it possible to put like and dislike buttons on the forums ????? [​IMG]

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    [​IMG]

I won't work.

By the way, there already is a like/dislike button on the homepage.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    This has been said loads of times in the past and everytime the majority of the site don't want it as it's to easy to abuse.

4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I wish you could vote like/dislike on every single post

it is my ultimate fantasy

5. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Yep.

Besides the portal, I don't think another function like this will be added anytime soon. Especially as people would abuse it or spam requests asking to have thumbs up.

Another thread was created a while ago asking the same question (not the only one, at that): http://gbatemp.net/t218172-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-system

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Gp32x.com's forums used to have a like/dislike thing for every post, but it was quickly abused and irritating, so they removed it.

Gbatemp doesn't need this nonsense.

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I always find adding '+1' and '-1' in a post does just as good

8. w!!

Member w!! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would love to see a separate system for keeping track of "good jobs" and Kudos that doesn't lengthen the thread of a topic...

It's always been a complaint of mine about forums (all forums, not just gbatemp) that when you are trying to read a thread on a specific topic for new info or updates, you have to go through 20+ pages of one liner comments saying good job, i like, or some other generic statement not related specifically to the topic. Especially when a bit of good info is buried in one post in the middle of a million of these posts. I'm not saying don't support the good work, instead I think you should just send the person a PM or have some other way to show support without lengthening the thread. Then those generic posts could be removed and it'd be easier for people to search and find the info they were looking for.

Abuse aside, I think adding a "good job" or Like button *and* not a "dislike" one would work well if it was clear that there was no rating/counting/sorting publicly available on the threads based on the number of "likes" you get. Then the poster could see how many likes they got privately and have a good sense of community support, but not need to spam about trying to get that number high for everyone else to see. Also, it'd give people a quick and easy way to say good job without muddling the actual info in the thread.

9. dryo

Member dryo GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    they should add, SO DO NOT WANT.