Lik-Sang the cause of sony's death?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by JusDaMan, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007
  1. JusDaMan
    OP

Newcomer JusDaMan Advanced Member

october 24 2006 was a sad day for alot of game importers. Sony shut down lik-sang! Sony threatened to sue a small company for selling pre-order USA / Japan ps3. dun dun dun! Sony europe got tight because sony japan/ sony usa is gonna get more money that sony europe. lik-sang shut down and REVERENGE OF THE NERDS! BOYCOTT OF SONY PRODUCTS!

I think so.

2. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Certainly a factor ... the internet gamer buzz was definitely down on Sony in the months leading up to last Christmas. Remember the "All I want for Christmas is a PSP" fiasco??

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    as much as I want sony to completely fail.. it won't happen.

most of the people buying PS3's don't care about sony shutting down lik-sang and their despicable advertising campaigns

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I don't think lik-sang was that big to be the cause of sonys death. Sony have done it themselves by thinking they're the gods of the gaming world. That they can charge anything they want for a console and throw in a few crappy games. With the ps3 priced how it is, for a bit more you can get a decent PC.

5. nephdj

Member nephdj GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Lik-sang was closed down due to shipping items to europe, and well europe is still buying sony crap at a faster rate then USA....

that just sounds dumb, if you read the case all link sang had to do is put a sticker on all its PSP shipped to europe, it was lik-sangs fault they closed down

6. Akeos

Newcomer Akeos Member

United Kingdom
    i agree with adgloride, sony think they can do whatever they want and still be able to sell their products, and they do! if not to gamers like us, they will aim it at another market, boasting the features and people will buy it just for its many (but useless) features.

i mean, blu ray? who can tell the difference between quality anyway and they also brag about 54GB of space, how comes the games are still shit then? all that space and crappy effort put into it.

on top of the incident with lik-sang, we europeans also get shitty, cheaper hardware in our ps3s, but rich and incredibly mindless people will still buy it, keeping sony going, however lack their sales are.

7. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Is it a complex question?
    By saying liksang wasn't the cause, I'm saying Sony is dead.
    By saying liksand was the cause, I'm saying Sony is dead.
    If Sony dies I'll see if how big liksang's role in that was.

Even if no PS3 sells, Sony will not die. I don't give a shit about Sony's death, but I hope Samsung outsells Sony in EACH AND EVERY other Electronics area besides game consoles. If ants can't take down a giant, then ants can call in another giant to take it down. But don't think anybody actually tried that, but rather tried to fight giant themselves. Samsung isn't the only other giant capable of fighting, but it's the first one that came to my mind.
    You can participate by buying Samsung LCD TVs, when the price, spec, and even key parts (namely the LCD panel) are identical as Sony's, there's no reason not to choose Samsungs.

8. ZzzZilla

Member ZzzZilla GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Five words for Deathfisario:

Clash of the Electronics Titans!

9. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    I *love* my Samsung LCD HDTV [​IMG]

10. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand