Lightyear 2022

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I haven't liked any of Disney/Pixar's recent films, I think this one actually doesn't look too bad. At first, I was a little concerned about throwing the character into another world but it sorta makes sense if it's supposed to be like what the toy of Buzz was based on (Or at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't hate it).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Eh. I'm waiting for full trailers before commenting. Not thrilled at the moment, but the teaser is comically badly edited so there's no telling what the movie will be like.

I was hoping for the cast from Buzz Lightyear Star Command or whatever it was called. With Mira, Booster, and XR.
Buzz Lightyear is SRS BUSINESS now, no place for that wacky silliness. :teach:

Hell I would have just wanted Tim Allen to reprise the voice but we are not even getting that either.
With all due respect to Tim Allen, he is almost 70, he voiced Buzz almost 30 years ago, and Buzz is supposed to be even younger in the new film, Tim is roughly 40 years too old to play him. Probably more.

Reactions: BORTZ

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all due respect to Tim Allen, he is almost 70, he voiced Buzz almost 30 years ago, and Buzz is supposed to be even younger in the new film, Tim is roughly 40 years too old to play him. Probably more.
I mean, it never stopped Disney from recasting Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy not once, but twice with CLU being a digitally deaged version of Bridges which was pretty solid given the effort it must have been to make that happen, and that was all for a sequel for a movie that was almost 30 years ago at the time.

While I am not misunderstanding your point here or the fact that a younger Buzz should have a younger voice actor, it just seems like they went in an entirely different direction with their casting choice on it. Almost feels on par with Nintendo choosing Chris Pratt as Mario levels of weird to me. If Disney seriously wanted Allen for the role its not like they don't have the technology to make his voice younger. Its just an odd choice to make at the end of the day, and anyone coming into this is probably going to be just as put off expecting his voice to be there.

Dead2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New trailer.

Still no clue what it's about. But we get to see Zurg so there's that.

It's supposed to be a movie of the character the toy is based off of in the Toy Story universe, so it's a movie inside a movie so to speak.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A few clips and new trailers came out, they don't inspire confidence or get you hyped. But I know one thing: Sox the cat is a traitor. Mark my words. Screenshot this reply. You were warned.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Those 14 countries be like "We won't show Lightyear because...

JOEBDCW.png
"

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A few clips and new trailers came out, they don't inspire confidence or get you hyped. But I know one thing: Sox the cat is a traitor. Mark my words. Screenshot this reply. You were warned.
Looks like I was WROOONG, SO VERY WRONG, THE STORY IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN I THOUGHT OMG WTF ahem, so yeah.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I enjoyed the movie, it acts as the origin story of Buzz Lightyear. I wouldn't mind a sequel with more scenes set in space. Those who don't see it while being fans of Pixar, Toy Story or computer animation are missing out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been piushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical...