Lightweight CIA installation with HANS (No more take long than 1 hour to install CIA issue?)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by julialy, Oct 28, 2015.

1. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Okay, so HANS can redirect RomFS and ExeFS.
    CIA installer would install everything in the CIA to SD card except RomFS and ExeFS.
    That way, installation times would be faster because 3DS would not need to decrypt/re-encrypt the data files when installation, you just need to decrypt ExeFS/RomFS and drop them into the right path, and let HANS redirect the unencrypted ExeFS/RomFS.

Oh, and because ExeFS/RomFS is unencrypted, we get faster loading times and save battery life.

nallar likes this.
  2. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    That's an interesting idea. I assume you haven't tried if it works yet?
    (Installing a cia with dummy romfs and see if HANS redirection works, I mean)

EMP Knightmare likes this.
  3. wiiando

wiiando GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Does CIA install times really bother people?

I've loaded everything i'm likely to play in one go via fbi, it took about 2 hours to install about 30 games

4. ChrisN8

ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2015
    France
    Not bad, that can be a good idea

5. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    I asked Smea about this, no response.

6. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Smea is being very picky about who he replies to on twitter atm. I have personally asked a question three times in as many days and have yet to get a response.

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Because he know's what this will lead to, right? Piracy I believe?

8. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    This is not piracy, you need the actual game installed/inserted in order to use HANS

9. froid_san

froid_san Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    It could be actually useful if your doing a rom translation. Makes sense to have a dummy romfs since you continously edit the external romfs

10. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Yeah, if you have a UHS-1 card reader and card, disk access to your computer will be faster, and you don't have to constantly encrypt/decrypt.

11. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Do you think a CIA installer and legit CIA games installation be possible on 9.2+??

12. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    He said payload was downloaded from 200,000 different IPs. If those everyone asks to Smea, he will get a tremendously full message box.

13. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Not without a new Arm11 exploit that gives Arm9 access.

Not really. Piracy is already available on 9.2 and lower, and what OP wants wouldn't really make any of it easier or simpler. Even if OP's suggestion/idea works, it doesn't magically provide Arm 9 access, which is what would be needed to enable piracy on 9.3+

I am not messaging him on here, simply asking a question on twitter. He isn't getting quite so many tweets that he CAN'T respond, so it looks like he is pointedly ignoring certain questions. Mostly ones he feels are stupid and/or he has already answered several times already, or ones that he simply doesn't have an answer for like "when will the new browerhax be ready".

My question has nothing to do with piracy or timeframes on specific hax, but whether a specific action is possible at this time with the current toolset.

DarkFlare69 and Subtle Demise like this.