Gaming Lights on the Power Brick

dan80315

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a 360 for Christmas and everything's great. My only question right now is what I should do about the xbox when I'm not using it. When the console is on or being used the light is green, if it's off the power brick shows this orange-yellowish light which I assume it means that it's consuming power. Should I disconnect my console everytime I stop using it? Will it matter at all if I do so?

Also, why does the light remain yellow even after disconnecting the power cord from the wall for a few minutes?

Any tips on what I shouldn't do?

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dan80315 said:
So I got a 360 for Christmas and everything's great. My only question right now is what I should do about the xbox when I'm not using it. When the console is on or being used the light is green, if it's off the power brick shows this orange-yellowish light which I assume it means that it's consuming power. Should I disconnect my console everytime I stop using it? Will it matter at all if I do so?

Also, why does the light remain yellow even after disconnecting the power cord from the wall for a few minutes?

Any tips on what I shouldn't do?
Its not really using power its just showing its on standby for indication that your power brick is connected to power

Don't disconnect your console as it doesnt take power or if it does basically none at all

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it does use power, but so do most electronic devices whenever they're plugged in. Look up "vampire power" or "vampire electricity" for more info on the subject. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with that Twilight crap.
laugh.gif

I would still leave it plugged in, though. It's not using that much, and if you unplug it, your 360 will not keep the time for even a second so unless you connect to Live every time you turn it on you'll have to go manually set the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8