Lights on the Power Brick

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by dan80315, Jan 5, 2011.

Jan 5, 2011

Lights on the Power Brick by dan80315 at 3:42 AM (668 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. dan80315
    OP

Member dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I got a 360 for Christmas and everything's great. My only question right now is what I should do about the xbox when I'm not using it. When the console is on or being used the light is green, if it's off the power brick shows this orange-yellowish light which I assume it means that it's consuming power. Should I disconnect my console everytime I stop using it? Will it matter at all if I do so?

Also, why does the light remain yellow even after disconnecting the power cord from the wall for a few minutes?

Any tips on what I shouldn't do?

2. omegasoul6

Member omegasoul6 FFXIV Fanboy

Canada
    Its not really using power its just showing its on standby for indication that your power brick is connected to power

Don't disconnect your console as it doesnt take power or if it does basically none at all

3. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Actually it does use power, but so do most electronic devices whenever they're plugged in. Look up "vampire power" or "vampire electricity" for more info on the subject. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with that Twilight crap. [​IMG]

I would still leave it plugged in, though. It's not using that much, and if you unplug it, your 360 will not keep the time for even a second so unless you connect to Live every time you turn it on you'll have to go manually set the time.