Hardware lightning strike

grandmaT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had a lightning strike in our yard and the 2 Wii's in the house stopped working, the red light came on but when you tried to turn them on they would shut down. Months later, (today) I plugged them in and the red light still comes on. This time when you try to turn it, try to reset it or eject the red light stays on but you can see a blue light flicker inside the machine. Anyone out there have some suggestions on what to do to fix this or am I just going to have to purchase a new 1.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have contents insurance they will often cover such damages, though I imagine you probably would have sorted that otherwise if not.

By and large though whatever functionality remains after a lightning strike is whatever you are going to get -- static electricity and electrical devices are seldom the best of friends and when that static is in its lightning form it is far worse. You can replace parts if you want and may be able to salvage others in them for other machines but for the most part there is nothing you can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night