Life, the Universe and Summer Holidays

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alas, the school year hath reached its end...eth. Just realised this is my last School Summer vacation. My last, last day of term before summer. SCARY THOUGHTS!!!! I know have 7 weeks of sun and mates to go through before returning for my final year of school *shudders at thought*.
As of Monday I am going to Holland for 2 weeks of Tourism with my family. So you shall be deprived of your Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
frown.gif
. We went last year but didn't really do much due to events that were unfolding halfway across the world. I'll probably spend a lot of time cycling, seeing Sex Shops on every corner (maybe I'll try and check out the Sex Museum in Amsterdam and get some pics for you guys), Cannabis everywhere. Oh and I also will have to get some souvenirs for friends, found it hard to do that last year so any ideas?
Rest of the summer shall hopefully be spent chilling and going out with friends (maybe even camping sometime). Generally just having fun in the sun (one can be hopeful but I do live in Scotland)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately I feel I must inflict this upon somebody so I shall inflict this next part on multiple people to spread the pain. Prepare, my fellow nerds, for...
GIRL PROBLEMS!!!!

Yeah, I shall join the rash of people asking a gaming/hacking forum about girls - probably not the best course of action now I think about it... Here goes anyway.
Anyway, there's a girl I've liked for well over a year now. She's a good friend who knows I like here due to events that transpired around this time last year. (I tell girl I fancy her, my best friends decides to tell her the same thing, really awkward remaining 2 weeks of school, she chooses my friend, they last less than a week). So I was trying to work up the courage to ask her properly again today. I'm really afraid of her rejecting me since as much as we're friendly she always makes sure I never get too close, at least at school. The best times I have with her are out of school. So, anyway, I'm walking her to where her mum's waiting to pick her up after school, just chatting and listening to Beatles music. She jokingly pushes me aside a bit and says "There, now people won't think we're a couple" as we walk past the school just after its finished (me and her had a free period last thing so we were sitting watching TV at my house for half an hour) and I reply with "You're really against that aren't you?" (This is about as close as I've ever gotten to actually asking her again)

This is where things become a tiny bit confusing, at least to me. She told me that she thinks I'm really nice but is really afraid of what other people think of her (using the example of a messenger bag I used as a school bag for about a weeks and her begging me to stop using it). I have a reputation for being a complete weirdo, oddball and general guy to make fun off at school. I'm easy to wind up, have a bajillion niggles that will annoy me and tend to think everybody hates me. To her being seen as being with me must be like social suicide. Afraid of being picked on for it, not so much from our year but maybe from some younger years (tales of my stupidity in my youth have filtered down). I really don't know what to do after this. Do I try and push it or just let it go? I can't tell whether she really likes me or not, whether she just wants to be friends or would consider doing more. Help, please?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
She's willing to be seen in public with you, that speaks volumes. I think the only thing in the way is your weirdo personality. And she's willing to help you not be a weirdo. Next time she gives you advice like she did with the bag, take it.

Don't "push" anything, don't force, don't nag or badger her about it. Just hang around and chill out.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By "push" I really meant confront her directly about it. I want to know what she really meant now more than anything. Before I was kind of expecting a blanket "No" from her, this has just confused me.

As for the bag, I thought she was overreacting myself. It was a plain, grey messenger bag. Heck, there's a guy I know who's used one for the past 2-3 years. She just kept calling it a "gay bag". As for the weirdo thing, that's a reputation I've built up from my youth. I've tried my best to distance myself from it but unfortunately the fallout persists.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have had this goth guy in my class, who got a realy bad reputation.

then he got a girlfriend who changed him (make him cut his hair to a normal length, it was quite long and make him dress a bit different)

now he isn't the class morran anymore.

So, my advise to you.
take her advise, she then should know you like her (at least in theory)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Too bad you're going to Holland now, I'm going to France. Otherwise I might have been able to meet you (and since we seem to have lots of things in common - like being the weirdo of the school - we would probably get along well).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Jamstruth said:
By "push" I really meant confront her directly about it.
Me too. That's why I also called it nagging and badgering.
wink.gif
Don't confront her. If you press her (
smileipb2.png
... no, I kid, I kid!); if you pressure her, you're certain to regret it.

As for the bag, well, it's a part of what people see when they look at you, and losing the gay weirdo bag might be a step towards shedding the overall weirdo reputation. Think about it. It won't kill you to take some fashion advice
wink.gif

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...what's up with messenger bags?! lol
Anyway I know what it's like to be wierd (although a lot of my friends are also pretty odd
tongue.gif
) I never changed for anyone but on the other hand no one ever asked me too
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1