Life Sucks I Really Need, Advice!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK! I posted about this once before. Here's the whole situation in its entirety, my girlfriend was suppose to be on a greyhound bus yesterday, we are both pissed because the only thing stopping her is her furniture, we just can't seem to get rid of it, I mean what the hell?. She doesn't want to leave it there in the apartment and have it come back to bit her in the ass and her credit, which I understand. However we keep going back forth with this, I keep telling her to just leave it that regardless of her manager being a stickler the manager would be more concerned getting the furniture sold or out of the apartment than wasting the time and money going after her. I've called up Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity Orange County and Vietnam Veterans of America as well as Goodwill of Orange. This has gotten out outrageously pathetic, literally, I'm here because I've been a member of GBATemp for over almost 8 years and you guys have helped me through allot regardless of what my problem was, she has no way to actually take the furniture out on the street or to the dumpster and allot of isn't in bad condition. For example, most of whats wrong with the furniture is like a chip here and a stain there but nothing that so bad that no one should pick it up of take it! sigh I just have no clue any more, why is it so hard for her to get rid of the furniture, and no Craig's list is out of the question, hell some one just got murdered about a week ago. We just need to get rid of this stuff like today or tomorrow, please there has to be an easy solution to all this that were not seeing?

So me and her have pretty much used up all are resources and have no clue as to what the hell to do...she wants to move out here so badly with her daughter and we want to spend Christmas together but she's concerned about her credit cause she doesn't want it to effect us getting a place for us and most of all her daughter! any ideas, can some one help us please!

Please any help any help at all would be very very welcome!

Fyi: She lives in Orange, CA so any help maybe recycling centers that do pickups anything will help as long as she can get rid of it by this week and be out here before Christmas, I really want to spend X-mas with her! :)

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Craigslist. If she's in a town with a military base or college it will be gone in days.

Some charities accept furniture, and will even come pick it up.

Smaller stuff can be tossed if you are desperate.

Take the rest to the city dump.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to suggest craigs list but you said you dont want to go that route. Do you know any one in the area that wants the furniture. In today's economy, I find it hard to believe that people dont want free shit. May just be the area she lives in, but where I am at I could go outside and yell, need to get rid of stuff, first come first serve, and my place would be empty. Good luck to you though.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about your girlfriend goes and explains the situation to her apartment manager. Maybe the manager would be somewhat sympathetic, knowing a place to get rid of it or possibly even selling it. Good luck.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Craigslist. If she's in a town with a military base or college it will be gone in days.

Some charities accept furniture, and will even come pick it up.

Smaller stuff can be tossed if you are desperate.

Take the rest to the city dump.

That's what I did. I posted everything individually on CL, a dude came for my dresser and after that asked "got anything else?" And he then proceeded to take everything that I wanted to get rid of. He was probably taking it to refurbish and sell it, but if you're desperate to get rid of the stuff, who cares?

Another possibility (and don't laugh, because the shit works, k?) is to put all of your stuff outside the apartment, and label it with very easy to see prices (FOR SALE $15!!!) and leave it unattended. Eventually, maybe within hours your stuff will be "stolen" and you won't have to worry about a damn thing. It's amazing how people's minds work. If it's labelled free, it won't budge for weeks, but put it up for "sale" and anyone with the slightest case of kleptomania will "steal" that stuff for you.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're just worried cause of the things we heard about Craig's List, how safe is it and what are the do's and don'ts of posting to that site?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.