Life Is Strange: True Colors - Graphics Mod
For game version 1.0.2

Changes:

• Improved lighting on locations [Handheld / Dock]
  • Increased detail on locations [Handheld / Dock]
  • Increased resolution of baked shadows / lighting [Handheld / Dock]
  • Enabled rendering of the world in windows [Handheld / Dock]
  • Replaced all objects from the PC version of the game [Handheld / Dock]
  • Replaced almost all textures of the environment from the PC version of the game [Handheld / Dock]
  • Environment texture filtering changed from linear to anisotropic 2x [Handheld / Dock]
  • Min. dynamic resolution - 50% [Handheld / Dock]
  • Max. dynamic resolution - 100% [Handheld / Dock]
  • Image sharpening slightly insreased [Handheld / Dock]
  • Antialiasing changed from FXAA to TAA [Handheld]
  • Decreased TAA intensity [Handheld / Dock]
  • FidelityFX Super Resolution enabled [Handheld]
  • Improved the quality of some objects [Handheld / Dock]
  • Reduced the distance of LoD trees and some objects [Handheld / Dock]
  • Reduced the draw distance of objects [Handheld / Dock]
  • Capsule Shadows enabled [Handheld / Dock]
  • Depth of field enabled [Handheld / Dock]
  • Eye Adaptation Enabled [Handheld / Dock]
  • Improved bloom quality [Handheld / Dock]
  • Vignetting enabled [Handheld / Dock]
  • Various other changes [Handheld / Dock]

Screenshots:
Before (first): without mod + overclocking to 1785/921/1600
After (second): with mod + overclocking to 1785/921/1600

1 before.jpg1 after.jpg
2 before.jpg2 after.jpg
3 before.jpg3 after.jpg
4 before.jpg4 after.jpg
5 before.jpg5 after.jpg
6 before.jpg6 after.jpg
7 before.jpg7 after.jpg
8 before.jpg8 after.jpg
9 before.jpg9 after.jpg
10 before.jpg10 after.jpg
11 before.jpg11 after.jpg
12 before.jpg12 after.jpg
13 before.jpg13 after.jpg
14 before.jpg14 after.jpg

Download:
Life_Is_Strange_True Colors_v1.0.2_Switch_Graphics_Mod_16.12.2021_Part_1 (14.3GB)
Life_Is_Strange_True Colors_v1.0.2_Switch_Graphics_Mod_16.12.2021_Part_2 (5.05GB)

Please don't ask why it's so big... I know. It was necessary.

Instructions:
Unpack the "atmosphere" folder from the "part 1" and "part 2" archives and put it in the root of the your SD Card.
TitleID from the archive must match the TitleID of your game (usually written in the name of the v0 file)
Turn on overclocking, launch the game and watch the changes.

About overclocking / performance and more:
The mod is bad, not perfect, very big and shouldn't have existed at all.
  • DLC is not included in the mod, work on it was not carried out, I don't even know if it will work at all after installing the mod. I need save to create it.
  • Mod is unstable! The game can freeze / crash at any time, this is mainly due to a lack of RAM. If game crashes / freezes, then try restarting it. Game may be impassable with this mod, I have not tested all the locations!
  • There are some graphical issues in the mod and various others may be present. Also I was unable to return a lot of things.
  • The loading speed of the game / locations has slowdown.
In handheld mode, overclock to at least 1785/614/1600. For higher resolution overclock higher.
In the dock, overclock everything to the maximum. Not tested! The stability in theory will be even worse because higher rendering resolution is used and, accordingly, more memory consumption.

You have been warned.

Last edited by ecl0674,

ecl0674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is all repackaged resources. It was necessary to do this because, judging by my tests, this is the best option for the speed of loading game. If I just do a patch, then the load speed slows down. The final size is approximately equal to the original, but in fact, when uncompressed, the resources has grown from 18GB to ~ 40.
Changed a lot of files and they are very large (from the PC version of the game).

Last edited by ecl0674,
Reactions: deathblade200

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question : if I play a super xci of this game including 1. 0.2 and dlc can I play the regular game(not the dlc's part) with this mod, may I have issues because dlc are included?

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yo, I finally tested the mod.
Only in portable mode.

Everything works well, the thing is, it's very blurry even with max overclock...
The game without overclock is kind of beautiful enough for the Nintendo switch.

Can you détail all the file to be able to put only graphics that we want to improve?

For exemple foliage, road, interior etc or maybe we can only play with everything installed?

However thank you for your work

lh411

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yo, I finally tested the mod.
Only in portable mode.

Everything works well, the thing is, it's very blurry even with max overclock...
The game without overclock is kind of beautiful enough for the Nintendo switch.

Can you détail all the file to be able to put only graphics that we want to improve?

For exemple foliage, road, interior etc or maybe we can only play with everything installed?

However thank you for your work
very blurry because of dymanic reslution. so if dymanic reslution is disable.it looks better.max oc cant Solve it .but original game reslution look still

ecl0674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Very blurry? What? I do not agree, my screenshots confirm this. With maximum overclocking, there are a little blurry in hard scenes, since TAA anti-aliasing is used and the detail is VERY increased. But on max overclock in handheld looks good for me. Get the config files and lower the graphics if you want. Disable TAA, disable something else... and you get higher res. Configs are in the smallest .pak file.

Last edited by ecl0674,
Reactions: cobjak

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very blurry? What? I do not agree, my screenshots confirm this. With maximum overclocking, there are a little blurry in hard scenes, since TAA anti-aliasing is used and the detail is VERY increased. But on max overclock in handheld looks good for me. Get the config files and lower the graphics if you want. Disable TAA, disable something else... and you get higher res. Configs are in the smallest .pak file.

Maybe every switch are different about overclocking... I mean, every time I try overclocking with sys clk it changes nothing.

How to change config since it's a. Pak file ?

And can you answer my question please? (can you name every mod's files to make us choose which one we want to install?)

ecl0674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Maybe every switch are different about overclocking... I mean, every time I try overclocking with sys clk it changes nothing.

And can you answer my question please? (can you name every mod's files to make us choose which one we want to install?)
Maybe sys-clk is not working for you. It should work on every console. I can't help with this, go to sys-clk thread. With this mod (if sys-clk is working), when you change the frequency of the GPU, the render resolution should drop or increase depending on the frequency you set.
Give me a screenshot of the main menu in handheld mode at the following frequencies: 1785/691/1600 or higher, and if the overclocking works, we will see the native resolution on the screenshot.

Search manual about unpacking and repacking UE4 .pak files.

It's a complete mod, every file (.pak) needed.

Last edited by ecl0674,

lh411

Trophies
XP
Country
China

you need to read and learn this post"how to pack and unpack ue4 .pak files".every game config Be contained inside.otherwise, Original setting game seem clear. Just cut grass quality, ground quality and texture quality。

alberto90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I’m probably of topic but I finished the first 3 chapters of the game, but now I’m stucked: the game ask me “connect to Internet to continue”, but I read that I can’t connect my atmosphere switch to internet or I’ll be banned, what should i do ?

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m probably of topic but I finished the first 3 chapters of the game, but now I’m stucked: the game ask me “connect to Internet to continue”, but I read that I can’t connect my atmosphere switch to internet or I’ll be banned, what should i do ?
Wtf, they can't do that!!!

ecl0674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
LoL. Interesting... Can you share your save files?
Base game + Update installed, right?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only base game actually.. have I to install also the update? (I thought it was just some bug fix )
Update that takes 6 GB "just some bug fix"? :P

Yes, you must. This is not a first game and not the last that is doing this shit because of physical release - removing content to fit game on cartridge and require downloading update to finish game.

alberto90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update that takes 6 GB "just some bug fix"? :P

Yes, you must. This is not a first game and not the last that is doing this shit because of physical release - removing content to fit game on cartridge and require downloading update to finish game.
Im stupid as f… sorry <3

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Incredible! I tought the game is already looking beautiful, but seeing your screenshots... just amazing!
Which fps do you get with 1785/614/1600 in handheld mode?

Reactions: ecl0674

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: