Hardware Lies on the Nintendo Direct Video! Also Questions Comments, and Concerns

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just watched the video and saw how cool some of the stuff they showed was, but when they were talking about the screen they made an absolute lie by saying that the OLD Ninenteno 3DS, not XL, was 3.53 inches and the new version was 3.88 inches. That made me happy until I got out my ruler and saw that it's only 3 inches 3.2 inches if you count the black part surrounding it. I still haven't opened up my 3DS XL so I don't know if they're talking about the XL or accidently or deliberately lying of if Europe's 3DS actually has a bigger screen? Can somebody clarify? Also is there a size change for the 3DS XL?
I also liked the camera control button as well as the near touch capability for the amigo toys as well as the amped up CPU, and I still have my 3DS XL unopened for incase I want to exchange it for a New.
What firmware does it come with? Is this video/launch kind of something like Square's Answer/Revenge for not releasing FF-Type 0 in the west until an English patch came out (Now you can get it for PS4 and in HD with a Demo of FF15!) because of the Gateway? Are they putting in measures like the News coming out with FW 9.5 or 10 or something to make it impossible to use the Gateway with? Does anybody else know anything about the News coming out in NA?

chicodiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you measure it diagonally?

When measuring display size, you must measure the screen size diagonally, which is the distance between opposite corners.

As far as the lcd screen size difference, the XL and the new XL model are the same. However, the New Nintendo 3DS got a slight increase in screen size from the original Nintendo 3DS.

Reactions: Nightwish

loco365

Trophies
XP
Does anybody else know anything about the News coming out in NA?

...It comes out on the 13th... Alongside Majora's Mask 3DS...

I think that's really all that we know at the moment. Nobody can confirm what firmware it's on though - Any NA unboxings seem to have them hide the firmware version.

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haha this Pretty much sums up why in Most threads People discuss about shit..i dont think the New 3ds is worth the money..

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guy, try measuring your TV the same way you apparently measured your 3DS. See how close it gets to the size you were advertised. Hint: It's going to give you a much smaller number, because as already mentioned, screens are measured from corner to corner diagonally. Of course they only do that because it gives the biggest number. But they've always done it that way, even back in the olden times before HD.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL *facepalm* I completely forgot, and to think that I was helping my fiance go monitor shopping the other day! Yeah all the new shiney functions are cool like the amigo stuff and extra controller, but I think that the new CPU might be helpful, it would suck if it's like apple devices in the future saying that only certain games are allowed to play on the NEW 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey