Homebrew Lick's Media Player (aka iPod DS)

CupNoodles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I open it I get nothing but a black screen. I'm fairly new to flashcarts and homebrew apps so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Using a Acekard with a 2gb Kingston if that information is at all helpful.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the alpha version that supports skins? If so, then you do not have the files and folders set up right. If you don't care about skins, it's best to stick to 1.02 version. It's just a .nds file.

CupNoodles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil May Cry said:
Are you using the alpha version that supports skins? If so, then you do not have the files and folders set up right. If you don't care about skins, it's best to stick to 1.02 version. It's just a .nds file.

I went ahead and switched to 1.02 and it works easily like you said. But I thought it noticed ID3 tags? It just shows the filename of the MP3 or is that only in the latest?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the stable version *might* scan for meta data if you hold a specific button on bootup, but I'm not entirely sure. If you want scanning, then you'll want the latest alpha version, then when you boot it up, choose the appropriate option in the settings (must be done each time you boot up).

To get the alpha version working, on the root of your card make a folder called "lmp-ng". In this folder create a "skins" folder. In there, place at least one skin file, like the default one. Do NOT extract the contents of the *.zip file for the skin. Just leave it in .zip format and place it in the skins folder.

When you boot up, you should then see everything fine. If you don't, turn on the volume and press a few buttons. If you can hear it clicking, then something's wrong with your file paths. If you don't hear clicking, then something went wrong with launching the file in the first place (but I don't think this will be the case).

CupNoodles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
I think the stable version *might* scan for meta data if you hold a specific button on bootup, but I'm not entirely sure. If you want scanning, then you'll want the latest alpha version, then when you boot it up, choose the appropriate option in the settings (must be done each time you boot up).

To get the alpha version working, on the root of your card make a folder called "lmp-ng". In this folder create a "skins" folder. In there, place at least one skin file, like the default one. Do NOT extract the contents of the *.zip file for the skin. Just leave it in .zip format and place it in the skins folder.

When you boot up, you should then see everything fine. If you don't, turn on the volume and press a few buttons. If you can hear it clicking, then something's wrong with your file paths. If you don't hear clicking, then something went wrong with launching the file in the first place (but I don't think this will be the case).

Thanks, I had the skins folder and the nds file in the root. Didn't know I had to have a lmp-ng folder, It's working now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: