Hacking libwupc - A WiiU Pro Controller Library for Wii Homebrew Applications

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the patch file, take the .dols rename them to boot.dol and put them in their proper folders in the app folder. In the Wii or vWii system menu (the channel select menu) hit the red sync button on both your Wii/WiiU and on the Wii U Pro controller, the controller LEDs will blink and then seemingly not sync, and the LEDs will go out (but it actually has synced), now go to the either emulator and hit any button on the controller as soon as you're in the emulator (you can do it as soon as you get to the game select screen), and the controller will be synced. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thank you so much. It works perfectly now!

I just figured that I already had it synced with Devolution, so it should be synced up with the rest of the Wii. But! Apparently not?

I synced up all 3 of my Wii-U Pro controllers on the Wii home screen, then they instantly worked in the dols! I even turned them all on, and they all came on accordingly and each one's blue LED lit up accordingly to it's Player number. I'm very happy with this.

Even better, the controllers still work in Devolution without re-syncing back to Devolution's methods. Very awesome.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. It works perfectly now!

I just figured that I already had it synced with Devolution, so it should be synced up with the rest of the Wii. But! Apparently not?

I synced up all 3 of my Wii-U Pro controllers on the Wii home screen, then they instantly worked in the dols! I even turned them all on, and they all came on accordingly and each one's blue LED lit up accordingly to it's Player number. I'm very happy with this.

Even better, the controllers still work in Devolution without re-syncing back to Devolution's methods. Very awesome.

Yeah, you wont have to resync the controllers after the initial syncing, i don't know much about Devolution, but I guess it handles the Wii U Pro controllers a bit differently than how the libwupc controller library handles them. Because after I synced my Wii U pro controller once with Nintendont, I did not have to sync it again to get it working with the new snes9xgx and fceugx emulators here, and it still would sync up instantly within the emulators.

Reactions: Hakaisha

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are doing the same for VBAGX, use the updated 2.3.0 version:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-vba-gx-fork-2-3-0.371284/
I cant see any source in there, maybe I fail to see a correct link?

Did anyone try to use this new lib to check the battery level
of a Wii U pro controller ? I got a strange result (3% or 4%)
but I am sure the actual battery level should be much more (at least 80%).

If you check out my usage.txt you might notice the battery level only goes from 0 to 4, its nowhere near the accuracy of a wiimote.

Would it be possible to apply this to the WiiFlow and Wiimednafen as well?

I've already added it to wiiflow, just grab yourself the latest beta version.
https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/

schraat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone update usbgx loader with this please

Wiiflow beta works perfect with wiiu pro controller but it cant start game.
Nintendont want a hid controller in the usb port

schraat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No problem i have time.
But i have a other problem and think you can help me.
I compiled the new nintendont r161 because i want ustealth support.
It works perfect but i cant load gc games from usb over usbloadergx.with nintendont direct it works.
With the original r161.dol it works over usbloader

Ok, sorry

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!
So I finally made a small library which you can implement into your wii homebrew application in order to use the WiiU Pro Controller, I've added a usage.txt file to it.
http://code.google.com/p/libwupc
Just check out the source to get all the data you need.
Let me know if you find any issues with it, so far I only tested it with one controller so I have no idea if it can even handle multiple controllers properly.
This library is implemented for example into wiiflow, nintendont, postloader, fceugx and snes9xgx (get those two from my signature).
Have Fun!

OH EM GEE! Thanks FIX94 for this! Maybe we can implement this into the next Trinux Beta mwahahahahahaha.... Seeing as Trinux is still running in an altered vWii state. I'm sure with some tweaking we can get the pro controller to function under that as well :). This could be handy for people with mouse compatibility issues and it could also be used as a gamepad for use with various emulators :).

Reactions: the_randomizer

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

thanks for that link, just finished modding its basics, I didnt modify the wii specific controls so keep that setting off. Also I had some really weird crashes with devkitppc r27 which I found a workaround for but I have no clue if it works for anyone else so good luck with that file.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is making me so happy :D I feel so giddy right now. Keep up the good work FIX. Personally, I used USBLoaderGX because it looks more like the Wii Menu, so, can't wait for ProC support on that.

Reactions: pedrobarca

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an amazing breath of fresh air this thread has already injected into many quality apps for the Wii and vWii modding scenes, and I can only imagine more are on the way.

For someone who knows what they are doing, here are the latest sources for:

Genplusgx: http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/source/browse/
WiiSX: http://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/downloads/detail?name=wiiSX-beta2.1-src.zip&can=2&q=

For Not64 I can not find its source code for the life of me. I'm sure the source for Wii64 is out there, but Not64 had considerably better compatibility.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What an amazing breath of fresh air this thread has already injected into many quality apps for the Wii and vWii modding scenes, and I can only imagine more are on the way.

For someone who knows what they are doing, here are the latest sources for:

Genplusgx: http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/source/browse/
WiiSX: http://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/downloads/detail?name=wiiSX-beta2.1-src.zip&can=2&q=

For Not64 I can not find its source code for the life of me. I'm sure the source for Wii64 is out there, but Not64 had considerably better compatibility.

Both WiiSX and Not64 would be a nice addition to the Wii U Pro Controller library. Even though, I couldn't find any source code for Not64 either :/
Extrems might be able to provide a link to the source code so Wii U Pros could be implemented, since he is the one that made the mod.
One question to the devs:
Could the controller analog sticks calibrations of those controllers be improved byany of the new devkit versions of libraries that got out in the past two years?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

filipe_m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Sory if my question is to basic but my knowledge on these issues are too limited...

I have to go to Sd card / apps / usbloader_gx and replace the boot.dol file?

And to do to file 1232mod.patch? Add it to the same folder?

If the procedure is that I have a problem:

I use the program Ustealth_R8 to hide the Hard Drive from the WiiU. And i replace the boot.dol file for vWii recognize it.

If I replace the file again the vWii will not find the hard drive, right?

I leave the boot.dol file that currently use:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tnq8lk

I would appreciate your help

Thanks!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
replace the boot.dol, and that's all.

the patch file is provided for developers, to see what has been modified from the official sources to create the modified version.
You don't need this file.

I don't understand why you think replacing the "boot.dol" of the USBLoaderGX in the USBLoaderGX folder will affect the "boot.dol" located uSteath folder.

replacing or updating one homebrew will not affect another homebrew, or will not prevent you to use Ustealth.

filipe_m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I followed the directions you gave me

I can control the UsbLoder Gx with Pro Controller,

But when I get in games they do not respond to Pc.

Should Work on all games or just some?

Thank you!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NO GAME at all.
The library is added to the homebrew, NOT to the game.

same for PS3 controller library, it's only added to the homebrew. You can't patch the games to allow controllers not intended for the game at development time.

it's useful if you want to launch another homebrew with the same controller support (for example Nintendont).
You use the ClassicPro controller in USBLoaderGX to launch nintendont, and when in Nintendont you continue using the same controller.
It's the only benefit from using a controller that games can't use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4