Homebrew RELEASE LGMA (Use Google Drive with DZ to download your games)

Miqote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
This POC (Proof of Concept) will allow you to access your Google Drive via DZ without any other software on your computer, and will work for -all- versions of Google Drive (Student/Unlimited/Business, etc). A GUI version is also completed but doesn't work due to the library not working in .NET Standard right now. When it's fixed, I'll release a GUI version.

This also should theoretically work on Linux via dotnet and the included DLL, but I haven't tested it personally. YMMV.

Setup:
  1. Complete the first step here (https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/quickstart/python) and rename that file to "client_id.json".
  2. Extract the ZIP from releases and put the "client_id.json" with wherever you extracted them.
  3. Open LGMA.exe and follow the directions. You will receive a pop-up in your browser to link your email to the Application you created in the first step. This will only happen once.
  4. Add a new entry to your switch/dz/locations.conf as shown in the program
  5. Open DZ and it should show up there.
Screenshots:
oNHVgQe.png

Source:
https://github.com/Aida-Enna/LGMAConsole

Last edited by Miqote,

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ligma balls bitch

jk this is awesome

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Miqote hmm idk if its just me but the release posted gives me an error:

Code:
An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (LGMA.deps.json) was not found:
    package: 'DotNet.Glob', version: '2.0.0'
    path: 'lib/netstandard1.1/DotNet.Glob.dll'

Miqote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ligma balls bitch

jk this is awesome

@Miqote hmm idk if its just me but the release posted gives me an error:

Code:
An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (LGMA.deps.json) was not found:
    package: 'DotNet.Glob', version: '2.0.0'
    path: 'lib/netstandard1.1/DotNet.Glob.dll'

Ughhhhhh, .NET Core. Thanks, I'll fix it in a sec. Second release is live, should fix the issue. Unfortunately, it also jumped the filesize from 500KB to 29MB. #JustNetCoreThings

Last edited by Miqote,
Reactions: GarnetSunset

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This POC (Proof of Concept) will allow you to access your Google Drive via DZ without any other software on your computer, and will work for -all- versions of Google Drive (Student/Unlimited/Business, etc). A GUI version is also completed but doesn't work due to the library not working in .NET Standard right now. When it's fixed, I'll release a GUI version.

This also should theoretically work on Linux via dotnet and the included DLL, but I haven't tested it personally. YMMV.

Setup:
  1. Complete the first step here (https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/quickstart/python) and rename that file to "client_id.json".
  2. Extract the ZIP from releases and put the "client_id.json" with wherever you extracted them.
  3. Open LGMA.exe and follow the directions. You will receive a pop-up in your browser to link your email to the Application you created in the first step. This will only happen once.
  4. Add a new entry to your switch/dz/locations.conf as shown in the program
  5. Open DZ and it should show up there.
Screenshots:
oNHVgQe.png

Source:
https://github.com/Aida-Enna/LGMAConsole
Should be able to make a nice React/Electron app/web app with this.

Reactions: Olmectron

Miqote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this only work with your own personal Gdrive? Or can someone else's drive that is set to public
It will only allow you to access the contents of the Google Drive you own - So whatever you see in http://drive.google.com.

I don't believe it works with "Shared with Me", but I'll see if I can get the API to let me do that too.

Last edited by Miqote,

Miqote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It will only allow you to access the contents of the Google Drive you own - So whatever you see in http://drive.google.com.

I don't believe it works with "Shared with Me", but I'll see if I can get the API to let me do that too.

Actually it apparently is possible and I was able to get it half working as a POC. I've made an issue here asking for support and hopefully they'll put it in. https://github.com/FubarDevelopment/FtpServer/issues/40 If not, I can try to do it myself but that'll be a gigantic pain, but worth it.

Would it be possible to do this with MEGA.nz as well? That’s where I store all my nsp files

I'm not sure offhand, but doesn't MEGA cap you at like 5GB each hour?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But then you run into "too many downloads" issues, best for ppl to copy to their drive.

Reactions: Bst22322

Bst22322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm ive seen some google drive accounts still open but youre probably right on the long run.
Anyways its still good if we can do it for the moment
Hey very good point that I obviously overlooked. Seems unnecessary as the links would reach download quota so fast...I'll gladly make a copy into my personal drive to save the storage space

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it apparently is possible and I was able to get it half working as a POC. I've made an issue here asking for support and hopefully they'll put it in. https://github.com/FubarDevelopment/FtpServer/issues/40 If not, I can try to do it myself but that'll be a gigantic pain, but worth it.

I'm not sure offhand, but doesn't MEGA cap you at like 5GB each hour?
it does if you're a free user. I have a yearly subscription to them, so I basically have no data cap for downloading

PatrickJr

Trophies
Website
grimtech.co.uk
XP
Country

if you add files to your drive from someone else, it works fine. from time to time.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damnit, I JUST got finishing packing up a customized rclone package for everyone to do this same thing xD Yours looks easier to use though, thanks... lol

P.S.

If you see "something you like" in someone else's Google Drive, right-click it (ctrl click for multiple) and choose "copy/add to my drive" and when the little popup appears click "organize" and you can send it to whatever folder you want.

For a second, I thought this was a joke because of the name. Lol.

nut server, dz app, lgma app... get it? :P

Reactions: Spadezilla

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1