LGBTQIA+ in crisis

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello everyone,

LGBTQIA+ acceptance is a sociocultural/political project, and every change in that domain comes with certain stress factors on the populus by its very nature.

Now that we are approaching crisis (gas/food prices, (hyper)inflation, a more unstable global world order and economic depression), it is reasonable to assume, that the tolerance for projects of this nature will shrink substantially.

I have heard that the gender movement (LBTQIA+) and race movement (BLM) are not clearly distinct and are in many ways one global social revolution. I don't know much about this, but so much is clear from statements of both movements.

I have the feeling that with rising stressfactors, there will be compromises made from upwards on some issues. I would assume that the higher ups of the hierarchical structure of these movements will choose not to compromise on the race question but on the gender one.

Assuming this is true, how would the gender movement react in such a scenario? Are they in the position to defend their cause (if so how?) or are they simply going to bend?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

LGBTQIA+ acceptance is a sociocultural/political project, and every change in that domain comes with certain stress factors on the populus by its very nature.

Now that we are approaching crisis (gas/food prices, (hyper)inflation, a more unstable global world order and economic depression), it is reasonable to assume, that the tolerance for projects of this nature will shrink substantially.

I have heard that the gender movement (LBTQIA+) and race movement (BLM) are not clearly distinct and are in many ways one global social revolution. I don't know much about this, but so much is clear from statements of both movements.

I have the feeling that with rising stressfactors, there will be compromises made from upwards on some issues. I would assume that the higher ups of the hierarchical structure of these movements will choose not to compromise on the race question but on the gender one.

Assuming this is true, how would the gender movement react in such a scenario? Are they in the position to defend their cause (if so how?) or are they simply going to bend?
The only crisis I see is that you have missed the G from the title of your little thread.
@Creamu. Other than that there is not fucking crisis going on so please go and worry about something else. Thank you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Valwinz Calling drag queens "sexual predators" is an example of the vilification of LGBT people I was talking about earlier.

Also, read the Group Information:
A group for LGBTQIA+ tempers. Allies are also welcome. If you're homophobic/transphobic/etc etc, don't join. You're not welcome here.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only crisis I see is that you have missed the G from the title of your little thread.
Well, that's because he doesn't approve of the "Gay" lifestyle.. And for the other letters, he doesn't know what they stand for..
@Creamu. Other than that there is not fucking crisis going on so please go and worry about something else. Thank you
Indeed! And how did he get into this group anyway? 🤨

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's because he doesn't approve of the "gay" lifestyle.. And for the other letters, he doesn't know what they stand for..

Indeed! And how did he get into this group anyway? 🤨
Was thinking that about someone else who has suddenly popped up here.

Reactions: CoolMe

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The LGBT community is only "in crisis" in that right-wing politicians are actively attacking LGBT rights and vilifying LGBT people.
If you are talking about the american right wing party I think you can relax. They are absolutely toothless. What I meant with crisis is the economic crisis as well the crisis of highest polarization histroically speaking. I believe the hegemonic power will have to manage the stressors it's going to put on the populus. Inflation and the lack of cultural coherancy will force them to compromise. I do believe this will hit the LGBTQIA+ community first. Are they able to defend themselves and hold ground?
Okay I have corrected the title.
@Creamu. Other than that there is not fucking crisis going on so please go and worry about something else. Thank you.
What about the economic crisis?
No the crisis is sending sexual predators dragqueens to schools
Okay, how so?
If I turn into LGBTQIA+ will this give me substantial power against EMF?
No

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The authors’ conclusion is startling: No established democracy in recent history has been as deeply polarized as the U.S. “For the United States,” Jennifer McCoy, the lead author of the study and a political-science professor at Georgia State University, told me in an interview, “I am very pessimistic.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...crat-republican-partisan-polarization/629925/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-u-s...-way-back-from-the-brink-yascha-mounk.613693/

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yascha Mounk writes:
We urgently need visionary leaders and institutional reforms that can lower the stakes of political competition. Imagining what a depolarization of American politics would look like is not too difficult. The only problem is that America’s political partisans may already hate one another too much to take the steps necessary to avoid catastrophe.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...crat-republican-partisan-polarization/629925/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-u-s...-way-back-from-the-brink-yascha-mounk.613693/

This pretty much, if I read correctly, means that they want to dial back on progessivism, at least certain actors in the government. (such as Yascha Mounk who isn't directly connected but he is an influential academic)

And I believe this does not mean only stagnation, but reverting to a certain extent. This may not happen at all, it depends what voices in the hegemonic power discourse will have their say. But judging by this article there are movements that want to manveur against the LGBTQIA+ movement in a way that transcends party lines.

Last edited by Creamu,

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
They're doing active harm across the country. Like, fuck you for coming into a gay space and suggesting they aren't.
I have no doubt that there is harm done across the country including by the right wing american party. My impression is that there are other even more concerning contra movements emerging. I hope that clears things up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: