Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
we went through:
- 100proofnews
- newshosting
- giganews

and we stuck to giganews, best possible service.
Best retention and optimal completion (which is v. important too)
Top speed, and finally not too costly if you share the bill with someone.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use newsdemon. Its around £7 a month... 90 days retention, 20 connections, unlimited... but for some reasons the speeds have been kinda shit recently, so I'm letting my sister use my account too, and when they notice the far apart IPs if they decide to cancel the account, I'll move somewhere else.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use http://ngroups.net/ good enough for me and the speeds are good, And they accept paypal and are only about £8 a month for unlimited downloads and up to 12 connections
wink.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My usenet access is provided free by my ISP, AT&T. I get unlimited downloads and super fast speeds. The only thing I hate is the 10 day retention, sometimes 2 weeks. Either way I have to get the stuff while its hot before it disappears. But 10 days is more than enough time for me and the price can't be beat
biggrin.gif

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ngroups.net is the way to go. 100 days retention, 12 connections. Pay quarterly and it's the lowest unlimited usage fee around.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm happy with my ISP usenet access (http://www.dommel.com)

- It's free
- 200+ Retention
- 2 Servers to connect to (1 server is 100days retention, second server is starting from 100 till 200days
When it doesn't find it on the 1st server it auto switches tot he second server to look in
(When it gets 150 days or older it's harder to get full downloads without using pars)
- SSL
- Has most alt.binaries groeps

I also have a payed one (http:///www.smsusenet.nl)
- 100+ days retenrion
- all alt.binaries
- 8 connections
- SSL
- around 7 euro monthly or you can choose block accounts
- Pay by wire account or sms
- send sms from 1 euro for 24/h access if you rarely use usenet
- Subscription ends end of each month if you don't pay, account stays inactive for 3 months, then get's removed if not reloaded
- Pause of your account possible
- Different speed choices

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading through this thread some more i see that almost no one read my earlier post, it's cause i don't have an avatar isn't it?
carrying on 100proofnews.com as i mentioned earlier has the absolute easiest free trial ever simply put in an email address and you'll get the login within an hour it's only 100megabytes but that's enough to test speed and retention in most cases. the price is cheapest i've ever seen $10 a month for 15 connections 110+ day retention and unlimited download. they are a highwinds reseller so they should give you the exact same service as the rest of the highwinds resellers such as ngroups usenet-news and anybody else who sells highwinds.

if someone was convinced to sign up for the amazing giganews 200 day retention unlimited download $25 a month and i have personally never had to use a par file and seen speeds of up to 7 megabits per second, make sure to get it from newsleecher to get the best downloader for free http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=special_gn

note:I do not currently use either of these providers due to my isp offering decent access for free but they are both top notch choices depending on your budget.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on