Hardware Let's talk about the next-gen consoles

Would you sell your Wii, PS3 or XBOX 360 to buy the next-gen consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so we all know that gaming consoles only has a life-span of 5 years. Last November, Wii turned 5 years old. Also the PS3 is 5 years old. The XBOX 360 turns 6 years old this year. So let me ask you a question, Are you willing to buy the next-gen consoles to replace your Wii, PS3 and XBOX 360??

According to Nintendo, the new Wii, the Wii U; will be released on April-December 2012. In the XBOX 360, many rumors are spreading if the new XBOX will be released in 2012 or 2013. In the PS4, I have NO IDEA about this.

I've got 2 Wiis right now. One is white and the other is black. I've been planning to sell both of them because I want to buy the XBOX 360 KINECT which is far more better than Wii. But I've been also thinking is it smart for me to buy the XBOX 360 KINECT or wait for it's next-gen?? I also want to sell my 2 Wiis because the Wii U will be coming by 2012 and I don't want my Wii to be outdated or something like that. Also It makes me think of the games you can play on the Wii and not in the XBOX like for example, Mario and Zelda games are one of the best games you could ever play around the World. I'll think about it if I'll sell the Wiis and buy a XBOX 360 or no.

For me it would be dumb if you would sell your loved console and start again. It's just a waste of time and money. But if you are rich and would like to brag about the next-gen consoles, then go ahead.

It's time for you people to answer at my Poll

TNX AGAIN

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
OK, so we all know that gaming consoles only has a life-span of 5 years. Last November, Wii turned 5 years old. Also the PS3 is 5 years old. The XBOX 360 turns 6 years old this year. So let me ask you a question, Are you willing to buy the next-gen consoles to replace your Wii, PS3 and XBOX 360??

Yes. As an avid gamer, I prefer to stay with what's good and populated. I love multiplayer gaming, and playing a dead game on a dead console doesn't work out very well. So when the new console comes out? I'm buying it. May not be at launch, but for sure getting it.

According to Nintendo, the new Wii, the Wii U; will be released on April-December 2012. In the XBOX 360, many rumors are spreading if the new XBOX will be released in 2012 or 2013. In the PS4, I have NO IDEA about this.

The Wii U looks interesting, to say the least. I'm still on the fence about it, though. I mean, a tablet as the controller? The Wii lived off its motion controls. Makes you wonder how the Wii U will work out.

As for the PS4(or whatever) and the next-gen Xbox? I'm hoping they stay away for AT LEAST another full year and a half. Why? Well... The 360 and PS3 aren't exactly dead, yet. I honestly feel that they don't need to be replaced by anything. Let alone their successors. So, keep them around for a while.

I've got 2 Wiis right now. One is white and the other is black. I've been planning to sell both of them because I want to buy the XBOX 360 KINECT which is far more better than Wii. But I've been also thinking is it smart for me to buy the XBOX 360 KINECT or wait for it's next-gen?? I also want to sell my 2 Wiis because the Wii U will be coming by 2012 and I don't want my Wii to be outdated or something like that. Also It makes me think of the games you can play on the Wii and not in the XBOX like for example, Mario and Zelda games are one of the best games you could ever play around the World. I'll think about it if I'll sell the Wiis and buy a XBOX 360 or no.

You want to sell your Wiis because you want the Kinect? Okay, well act on that now. Don't wait around for the Next-Gen version. Again, we may not be seeing it for a while. We will find out this upcoming year, won't we? The Wii U does come out next year, and I too want to snag it up. Not because of fear of the Wii being outdated. That doesn't work for me. The Wii still has its Homebrew. Also, if you have the pre "slim" versions, you still have backwards compatibility. You know? Gamecube games, and what not. That's all me though.

As for 'starting over'? I've done it multiple times. Not afraid to do it again. I feel that I am not the only one, either.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Shouldnt this be on general consoles thingy?
Anyway, I NEVER sell a console to buy the new version, I simply keep the old version and buy the new one.. It's kinda sad selling a console you spent so much time with, I'd never be able to part with mine.

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldnt this be on general consoles thingy?
Anyway, I NEVER sell a console to buy the new version, I simply keep the old version and buy the new one.. It's kinda sad selling a console you spent so much time with, I'd never be able to part with mine.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could get a chunk of cash that would take a significant amount off of what I'd need to spend to buy a next-gen console, I'd definitely do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real