Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So how is everyone who bought the game enjoying it?

As a first timer I am loving the game...almost makes me want to go out and get the 360 version so I can play the older games as well.

Does the Wii have the ability to do downloadable songs? I know that puzzle game on the DS was able to get extra puzzles for free... so I am thinking the Wii can at least get free songs... not sure about buying extra tracks.

I'm still mastering easy mode but I think Slayer's song is by far the most insane.... the solo is just nuts.

Also when I first start playing I'd like trip out....my eyes would shut down, I'd go into the "zone" ... spacing out and very robotically just nail all the proper notes... until like the screen said 100 combo which would wake me out of the trance thus confusing me.... thus breaking my combo... I stopped doing it....but any other first timers out there experience this or is my brain just fried from a wild child hood?

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have been playing since GH1 on the PS2 and the whole spacing out thing is normal for everyone. This happens in any game that I play though. It is called "alpha" and it is when your entire brain is devoted towards one thing and you "zone out".

*edit*
I agree about Slayer though. I wanted to be challenged so I started on Expert, like I always do, and I got owned bad. I played Metallica, Slayer, Disturbed, and The Devil Went Down to Georgia and I couldnt complete any of them.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL When I play any game like a FPS or Action title I go to the hardest mode...being a first timer on GH I tried Hard .... and got my ass kicked and almost intimidated by the speed and button combos ... Day one on easy I did like 30k on Social Distortion, next day I hit 200k so I am picking up the curve. To get my money's worth though (and since the game play is unique in each mode) I figured I'd master each skill setting from Easy to Expert.

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else ever have the problem of the green button just dying???

My green button just stops working sometimes and i have to mash the WiiMote into the guitar but it ruins my 300 note streaks.

Also, Medium is substantially harder than in previous GH versions, but hard is way above me... 5 buttons is too much but 4 buttons with any riff is too easy..

Waht to do
frown.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
XBox 360 version is the bomb.
Dissapointing in the song choices, but still very fun and addictive.

I'll buy the Wii version when it's not 100 damn dollars!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't played it, but looking at images of the guitar I never want to. I love the Wiimote functionality (IE plugging it into the guitar), but it's also because of that feature that I'm not interested in this particular version of the game. It looks like it would be really difficult to get the Wiimote in and out of that little slot. Annnnnd that's all I have to say on the matter, continue you.
tongue.gif

Sailor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played it, but looking at images of the guitar I never want to. I love the Wiimote functionality (IE plugging it into the guitar), but it's also because of that feature that I'm not interested in this particular version of the game. It looks like it would be really difficult to get the Wiimote in and out of that little slot. Annnnnd that's all I have to say on the matter, continue you.
tongue.gif

:wtf:"
You do know there's a back door to insert the WiiMote in, right? And all it takes is approximately 1 minute..not that big of a deal.

purephase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's extremely easy to get in and out of the guitar. I finally found it, and it's great. The song selection is excellent and the wireless guitar with Wiimote is a great idea (it's a Les Paul as well, much better design than other GH guitars).

Highly recommended! It's tricky. Both Galaxy and GHIII. Difficult to find time to play just one of them!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
:wtf:"
You do know there's a back door to insert the WiiMote in, right? And all it takes is approximately 1 minute..not that big of a deal.

I did not know that. I had assume it was a slot where it would be tightly locked in, and then difficult to pull out. My mistake.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.