Hacking Let's say I buy a new PSP 3000 and it ends up having 6.37 firm

z0wnage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...ware (or anything lower than 6.39 but higher than 6.20, that is) , can I only do a temporary hack since it can't downgrade to 6.20?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct, temp only at the moment. It'll be a 07 or 09G mobo and incapable of running 6.20 firmware for the permanent PRO for non flashable models.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No, just that you need to initialise the custom firmware after every full power off. I have a PSPGo which is able to run a permanent firmware and still opt for the temporary form of PRO.

z0wnage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I install homebrew, does it stay even if I turn the power off? Meaning I would only have to re-initialize the CFW when I want to install homebrew, or would I have to re-initialize each time I want to play a backup or run homebrew?

z0wnage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about a PSPGo? Do you also have to buy a memory stick in order to mod it or can you store things on the built in memory?

MountApple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
z0wnage said:
What about a PSPGo? Do you also have to buy a memory stick in order to mod it or can you store things on the built in memory?

Well you can't buy a memory stick for PSPGo, so you would have to put it in the internal storage.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
M2 memory sticks say you're wrong....but yes you can do everything on the internal memory of the PSP Go and homebrew still stays.

z0wnage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I bought a new PSP and it came with 5.51. What are my options? Should I update to 6.20 and hack from there?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
z0wnage said:
Alright, so I bought a new PSP and it came with 5.51. What are my options? Should I update to 6.20 and hack from there?

I'd go for 6.39 and do the PRO temporary hack. So far I haven't found a single bad thing related to the temp hack and running a PSP Go / PSP 3000 with it..

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"