OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi!
I've started Yu-Gi-Oh and i'm willing to learn other ppl's strategies to make my playing better and also share my little knowledge.
so if ur intrested, lets go!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Yugioh, umm...

My old deck before I stopped playing consisted of Gravity Binds continuous trap, that card that destroys monsters under lvl 3, and a whole bunch oof direct attack spell cards and monsters, as well as Lava golem.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i'm setting all my spells and traps at first and then if i have lower DEF monsters, try to Set them, if not, try to summon them.

what if u dont have any monsters that u can summon at first? like level 6 ones?

how u decide when to set or summon a card?

when is the best way to summon a higher lvl monster?

whom do u suppose to sacrifice?

did u even heal ur opponent?!

which computer/handheld games do u play to play yugioh? since i cant find a good game
frown.gif
even the latest DS games needs u to preess L each time u want to turn, just to read the card info. its off by default so how are u suppose to know what a card does by its color?!

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Setting all Spells and Traps direktly is stupid, if the opponent has a harpie fether or other cards that can destroy your traps and spells.

i normaly summon when i am sure the opponent does not have a trap that can destry the monster (at least if its a monster with high atack) and set when i am unsure and the def is ok (at least with cards with more than 4 stars)

sacrifice the weakest moster or effekt monsters that u used already ... like man eater bug, turn it around destroy opponents monster and offer it as tribute.

heal opponent ? rarely.

Umm i like most of the GBA Games .... not much cards but ok ...
else try yugioh online ... 10 duels are free and you can make just more accounts .. or pay

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yeah but most GBA games that i tried, even DS games, dont show u the info of card, the most they show u just the ATK and DEF of card, i want a game that when u select a card it shows its info automatically, in most games u have to SELECT, on each turn, that sucks.

so anywhere to get some basic newbie strategies? or even better can anyone provide some basic strategies? thnx.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of the games, all of the GBA/DS ones show you the cards abilities/ATK and Defense. With the DS games you go over the card you want to see and press X.

Also, World Championship 07 on the DS has a tutorial.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thats what i'm asking, you cannot just go over a card and simply see its description, u have to press a button each time, i wondered if there is a game which simply does this.
puzzles in world champtionship 2007 are newbie, i can play basically but its hard for me to win, i did it like 3times in like 20games that i've played, so i thought maybe i need to do something or i lack a strategy or what.
any suggestions appreciated!

edit: which anime ur sig is based of? its so cool.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh... 5 years ago. It was a fun game at first but it was hard keeping upto date with all the new cards and the banned cards list got ridiculous.

frown.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
pressing x? i think R does show the info of each card.
i went to shop and bought some bunch of cards, maybe they help me beating this lvl1 ppl at world tournament 2007, any suggestion on building the deck?
i finally beat that guy like three or four times but he is still ahead of me, the bad thing is i donno which cards he use, i just see my hard earned lvl 6 monsters just dissapear, i just want to know what he used so i'll find an anti for it, and he has some sort of cards that whenever i do some damage, he will damage around 800 to me, they suck.
and another thing is his nightmare's cage, whenever i get my best monsters, he summons this cage and paralyzes me.
so which cards i should remove from my deck? do i have to remove my monsters with low (around 300) atk? what are the things u care when removing a monster/spell from ur deck? does a deck have to be specific to a type?

p.s. yeh, havent seen the anime, but what is about my cakes he wants to take?! i heard that anime is so cool.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the patience, type out the entire deck you have right now (In a neat format, abc order and organized into Monsters, Spells, Traps if possible.) and I'll take a look at it.

Actually, hell. Do you have access to Wifi?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
wow, if i had wifi, we could play together? you would play with me?! wow.
no i dont have. phew.
i just could force a relative to download an episode of Bleach for me, which was awesome, couldnt find Death Note.

i'll write down my deck, but the problem is i bought some cards from in-game store and should i type them too?

another thing is whenever i buy some cards, its numbers decreses from 40, but when i save and turn off and then come back, it says u can buy 40new packs, but the percent of the that type of card i have, is still the same. f*** my english.

i mainly now want something to beat the two cards that an opponent which is a fox has, he has two cards that whatever i do, they attack me 800pts, and it really sucked.

what is the goal in the World Championshio 2007? how many times i should beat these 6 level 1 guys to get up? which packs i should get?

is it possible to play online even when my game is on my G6?

is this game better than Spirit Caller?

nemikham beram mehmoooni (translate: i dont want to go to party tonight)

edit: do u recommend this game over spirit caller? i can aquire that too. didnt like NT though.
wish i had WiFi. i want to get WiFi but i donno get Nintendo's official thing or a router.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know what you're talking about with Fox Fire, using Backfire to do damage to you every time one of his monsters is destroyed...

Anyway, Only type in here you're current, actual deck. Not cards in your trunk that you're not using.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yeah, thats him! its one of his cards, he has another card which damages me whenever one of his minions damages, that really suckes, i was winning last time if he wouldnt damage me each time 800pts. : (
i deleted some cards that i thought are bad, but most of them are balance, but most of them are balance! ones which have lower atck/def have side abilities and ones with higher atck/def lack any side effect.
i have a card with 200/300 but it can defeat any faced down defence mode card! how u decide which ones are better?

do i have to customize my deck each time i want to duel with someone?
or one deck should be able to deal with all? so u want to customize my deck to defeat this fox fire? or against all odds?

how to get to lvl2? how many times i should beat these lvl one guys?

would u gimme some stragies to make my playing better? i can log my game if u want so you would show me my mistakes.

i'll post my list in next post.

thnx man for ur time.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To get to level 2, you have to beat each opponent 5 times.

Well, since you're starting off right now, it'd be best if you used more of a pure attacking/beatdown deck for now.

I'd suggest you try and get level 4 and under monsters with high attack with no drawback effects, unless you can get a Jirai Gumo, or a Goblin Attack Force that early...
Lots of the restricted cards (where you can only have 1 or 2 in each deck) tend to be very useful in any deck. Off the top of my head you should always have Heavy Storm, Graceful Charity, Snatch Steal, and Mirror Force in your deck. Check Gamefaqs for a pack listing and see if you can get those cards.

As you get more cards, you should try aiming for a more themed deck. Warrior decks/Dragon decks are really fun to play!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have access to about 50% of the cards right from the getgo, which is most of the older cards, ending around last year or so unless I'm mistaken. So every card listed above me should be available if you can shoot for them.

Also, my deck right now is XYZ-Dragon Cannon themed. Is it great? No. Could it be improved? Yep. Will I fix it eventually? Yep. It was enough to get me through the Level 1 duelists though without many issues.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My strategy was basically try to have as many life points as possible. I don't remember any of the cards that I used, but all I remember is that I would have like triple the amount i'd start a battle with. Lots of traps & special effects monsters.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning