Hacking Let's Finid A new way to fix 003 Error

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello Every body here
I hope that we can co-operate each other to find a new to fix the f***n Nintendo 003 error that caused by updating a region changed Wii console.

1) i think that if we can find a new exploit like SSBB one but for a good working autoboot game so we can launch our tool using this one
2) find a new way to patch SSBB NTSC-US version without getting this error message
3) find a new patch for SSBB NTSC-US to remove the auto boot protection
4) porting the exist SSBB NTSC-US patch to PAL edition

i know that this is not a new solution but i hope that we can do it we can focus on this i know that we can beat Nintendo again
wink.gif

I have a lot of dead Wii also i have infectus and Drivekey so any one here are welcome to try with me to fix this f***n error
thank you
smile.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
since you have infectus you probably will be able to fix it if you had a nand dump of the console.
but only korean wii are affected by error 003, and most korean wii's has their boot2 fix so you can't use the infectus method of installing bootmii -> getting keys -> using betwiin -> flashing it back.

so the for me the best approac is an exploit, and exploits are to be looked for and a few can make it work.

you might want to ask around how to look for exploits on a game, think that will be a good start.

does anybody know a guide to look for game/save exploits on he wii? i know there's a guide on psp but haven't found one on wii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All solutions that require patched discs won't work. If they would, you could just boot a WAD Manager disc.

You need an exploit in a game you can autoboot or a hardware nand programmer. So having the lego game exploit savefile on nand would be a good idea for people with region changed korean Wiis.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
might as well try what DeadlyFoez said. maybe the combination could make it run

@ether2802

it is attached to the NAND cause it's a NAND programmer, but if you program it as a modchip, you need to attach it to the drive.

it's a universal thinngy

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
DeadlyFoez said:
Using a GC controller, a mod chip, and a savemii or savemefrii, and a retail or burned copy of SSBB you can boot up the recovery mode, then just press "A" to boot the SSBB then smash stack it. Boom there you go, you can run anything now.

Maybe your method work only if you have 4.1 firmware but i told you that my consoles were updated to 4.2 so i can't boot SSBB any way i tesed it along time console goes to RM then nothing happen and the disk still spinning.
hate2.gif

i think that if any one here can do a protection remove patch for SSBB NTSC-U edition so we can autoboot it without any problem so we can rescue this dead wii's.
gbasp.gif

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
ether2802 said:
do you have an Infectus2 attached to your NAND or to the DVD's drive...??
huh.gif

I have infectus but it didn't attached to my NAND or my DVD-ROM i know that i can't do anything if i didn't dumped my Wii key
so i hope to have any way to do it to rescue my dead wii
hate2.gif

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
@DeadlyFoez:
DeadlyFoez said:
Since I tested and confirmed it as working. I'm on SM 4.1u so I'm not sure if it works with other system menu versions because I haven't taken the chance to try it yet.

Sorry can you tell us how you tested this since error 003 just for menu 4.2 and you said that you tested it on 4.1 menu how can it be?
wacko.gif

please explain to us how you tested it.
Thank you
bow.gif

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i had tested my 003 wii with drive key installed and RM launched using GC control it can autoboot any patched game dvd since i didn't configure my drivekey to autoboot any dvd but all autoboot games that i burned work fine but we doesn't have any working in game exploit like we have in SSBB
frown.gif

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
DeadlyFoez said:
You can't set it to autoboot because then the game wont run. You need to just press "A" on the GC controller.

illinialex24 has confirmed the same too. It was actually his suggestion to use this method to fix the 003 error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xticb6YH3WY

So much for people searching and trying to find info themselves

First that you for your reply
i want to tell you that i had seen this video then i tried to autoboot SSBB this way i turned on my wii and boot to RM using my modded GC controller then inserted SSBB disk then pressed A button the disk started to turn and 4.2U text on RM disappeared but nothing else happen disk still running but no more video comes to screen.
Hope that you can teset it using 4.2 firmware or maybe i'll try to capture my screen then upload it to see it.
Thank you

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
DeadlyFoez said:
do not use anything for autobooting. Do not patch the game to autoboot and do not set ur modchip to autoboot.

One thing that no one has tried yet that might work is trying to get a wii with a 003 error into maintainence mode by pressing "+" and "-" while starting up the wii. IDK if it will work, i doubt it actually, but it's worth a try. I know maintainence mode can get around some errors, I just dont have a korean wii so I have no way of testing it.

i didn't patched this game or configured my drive key to autoboot
i justed burned a non moded iso for SSBB NTSC-U and also not autobooted my drivekey.
i'll try it again now and tell you whats happen

also for the second idea i'll try it now i have my 003 wii connected and ready for test
wink.gif

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
@ DeadlyFoez:
i tested it again nothing happen just black screen and game disk still spinning
frown.gif

also i tried to enter maintainence mode but nothing happen i think tthat will not work since maintainence mode is a wii menu feature and in this case wii menu doesn't boot at all so we can't login to this mode
frown.gif

Abkarino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
DeadlyFoez said:
talk to illinialex24 since he is the one that has said that it will fix the 003 error. I dont have a wii that i could make do a 003 error so I dont know the best route to fix it. You could just have a bad download or a bad burn. This method should work especially if the recovery mode comes up. If not then you're shit out of luck unless you get an infectus.
i know that my dump is fine i tested it on another working wii and it work fine but i think since i have a 4.2 menu on my bricked wii so i can't boot it any way
frown.gif

i hope that illinialex24 be here and co-operate with us to fix this or maybe he can told us if there is a special trick to boot this disk.
any way thank you for your help.
bow.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone with a 003'd Wii hacked it. Someone could have unknowingly bought a region-changed Korean Wii from eBay and run into that fun error after updating it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr