Let's Beat Simon Cowell

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simon Cowell vs Rage Against the Machine.
Who will come out victorious?​

Simon-Cowell-and-Zack-de--001.jpg

Let's Stop that smug git from getting the Christmas Number 1

QUOTE said:
The campaign was started by Tracy and Jon Morter, who launched the Facebook group "Rage Against the Machine for Christmas No 1" earlier this month with the words: "Fed up of Simon Cowell's latest karaoke act being Christmas No 1? Me too ... So who's up for a mass-purchase of the track 'KILLING IN THE NAME' from December 13th (DON'T BUY IT YET!) as a protest to the X Factor monotony?"

Jon Morter told NME.com: "It's been taken on by thousands in the group as a defiance to Cowell's 'music machine'. Some certainly see it as a direct response to him personally." So far, more than 500,000 people have joined.

Only time will tell whether Rage Against the Machine have a chance of beating this year's as yet undecided X Factor winner. Last year's No 1, Alexandra Burke's cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, sold 576,000 copies in its opening week, which means that every single member of the Facebook group backing Rage Against the Machine would need to purchase the song to ensure their chance of victory
QUOTE said:
Everyone buy Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name ( No don't pirate it, buy it ) and will knock that smile right off his face.

Yes it does cost money but at amazon i think its like 20p and its no more than 70p on itunes ( Sorry im British, duno in USD)
So Lets get some real music on the charts

Rage Against The Machine Won
biggrin.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I think that Simon Cowell is a raging faggot and doesn't deserve best whatever it is, I also don't care enough to form a goddamn coalition against him.

Jesus, people just don't have lives anymore.

Meanwhile -pirates this song-

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly couldn't give a damn what gets to Christmas number 1. Do people have nothing better to do then start groups like this?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danny600kill said:
Yes it does cost money but at amazon i think its like 20p and its no more than 70p on itunes ( Sorry im British, duno in USD)
Don't the ones that cost more than 65P actually count and the ones priced less don't count towards the chart?

The UK top 40 hasn't meant anything for years but still I'd still love to see this happen, sure its not that important but it would be nice.

Its funny Simon Cowell is saying now that he "saved us from novelty Xmas #1's" with all these X-Factor releases but he was the one who was responsible for most of the novelty songs and to be honest, rather "Bob The Builder" than Westlife.

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian said:
danny600kill said:
Don't the ones that cost more than 65P actually count and the ones priced less don't count towards the chart?

The UK top 40 hasn't meant anything for years but still I'd still love to see this happen, sure its not that important but it would be nice.

Its funny Simon Cowell is saying now that he "saved us from novelty Xmas #1's" with all these X-Factor releases but he was the one who was responsible for most of the novelty songs and to be honest, rather "Bob The Builder" than Westlife.

Its was on GMTV this morning
biggrin.gif
They both count even though they are less than the normal amount required , duno why though.

And yeh tbh top 40 doesn't mean much, but it would be funny if he failed at ''what he does best''

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
danny600kill said:

That's because NOW Albums keep winning

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I totally gave up on the charts and the music industry in general when Coldplay were defeated by Axel F by the Crazy Frog (the biggest desecration of a classic tune since G4 covered Bohemian Rhapsody, another X Factor by-product) for number one on Top Of The Pops way back. A great band being beaten by a fucking ringtone designed to annoy people. Then they compounded the insult by having people break-dance to the ringtone while the camera occasionally panned to the stunned Coldplay. You can see the look in their eyes. It's that look of 'what the fuck just happened?'

I would like to see Cowell taken down a peg or two though. Preferably via the medium of a crossbow bolt to the testicles. But given how high he wears his trousers (IE: with the belt around his eyebrows), the assassin will probably get confused and hit him in the neck by mistake.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought no one paid attention to ANY top charts anymore, it's not the 80s, we have the internet, who needs charts made by faggots who don't know shit about music and only got the job because their dad's friend works in the industry and owes your dad a favor?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
UK charts never bother me much anyway, even though I live in the UK. Most of my favourite bands are from outside the UK and aren't as well known as they should be (IE: Black Stone Cherry, who are almost unknown here. Saw them in concert in Birmingham, they were AWESOME). The UK charts basically boil down to whatever bollocks X Factor has pumped out, the latest chav music like N-Dubz and the latest girl band getting by on the size of their knockers instead of any genuine talent.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Its currently no.1, look this isnt about the charts its about the fact that we're trying to take a stand against crappy synthed pop music that these producers make to exploit lil kids and ignorant middle aged people who have no other medium than whats on the radio to listen to music.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm voting for Billy Mack to take the #1 song this Christmas. Rumor has it, he'll get nekkid if he wins.

On a more serious note: These kinds of things are bullshit. It's been tried before, and someone will try to do it again. What's the REAL purpose behind this? To shut up Simon Cowell? No. Its to allow some douche to say "I STARTED THIS INTERNETS TREND!! I WINS!!!"

Would it shut Simon Cowell up? No. Would he even give two shits about it? Probably not.

But, if you're going to participate in this, i've received a few emails about Microsoft sending out checks with lots of money based upon how many people i forward it to. You want free money?
wink.gif

(ps- as for "taking a stand against crappy synthpop music," if you think THIS will stop it, the last 20+ years of crappy synth-pop music would like to talk with you
wink.gif
It's like saying killing The Jonas Brothers will stop irritating kid-pop. I mean, they deserve to die anyway, but the greater good would not be accomplished
biggrin.gif
)

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:
It's like saying killing The Jonas Brothers will stop irritating kid-pop. I mean, they deserve to die anyway, but the greater good would not be accomplished
biggrin.gif
)

Only one way to find out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...