#LetMaiDie released, rePatched updated, lets you play higher FW Vita games on 3.60 or 3.65

FaWiEf0.png

For those that have been around in the Vita scene, you might be familiar with the word "MaiDumps", specific dumps of games that came about shortly after the 3.60 Henkaku hack was released. These days, the more modern and preferred ways version of a Vita game dump is the NoNpDRM kind. When h-encore released for PS Vita firmwares beyond 3.60, many updated to the latest firmware to play newer games. However, many wanted to stay on the older 3.60 exploit, or on 3.65 which has Enso, but doing so locked them out of playing multiple games. Now, that's no longer the case, as #LetMaiDie, which had been teased earlier this week, has been released. Now games on 3.68 can be played on 3.60. All you need to do is grab the recently updated RePatch, and install it on your Vita (by putting it in the tai folder and adding it under the kernel entry on the config file), and then grab a compatibility pack, extract, and move it to your Vita's ux0:/repatch/titleid folder. This is geared towards allowing for the potential to mod games, but also lets you run backups of newer FW games on older FWs.

This plugin serves as a substitute for the patch folder when an existing update is present on official cartridges or other encrypted formats. It also has the benefit of loading decrypted content on 3.65.

To clarify: this plugin works on both 3.65 and 3.60 on NoNpDrm, official cartridges, and officially downloaded games.

Note: Be wary of using a Vitamin dumped(or similar) eboot, it will be affected by save issues.

:download: Source (Repatch)
:download: Source (Re-tools)
:download: Compatibility Packs

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Good news for those lazy enough to not launch the exploit every time you reboot/shutdown your Vita.

enso is highly overrated. it just auto-launches the exploit, something that will take you 5 seconds and 2 screen taps anyway IF you turn off or reboot your console, just leave it in sleep mode if you are too lazy to do it every boot and problem solved.
it's the same as with the psp.
Convenience is a pleasure and not something I'd consider overrated. The less you have to do to enjoy your console per boot, the better. Same for the PSP. I would want nothing other than coldboot CFW. Wii U as well. It's not about laziness, it's about having the best experience possible. All they had to do was wait a couple weeks to play their games.

Reactions: Sakitoshi and Zukov

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Convenience is a pleasure and not something I'd consider overrated. The less you have to do to enjoy your console per boot, the better. Same for the PSP. I would want nothing other than coldboot CFW. Wii U as well. It's not about laziness, it's about having the best experience possible. All they had to do was wait a couple weeks to play their games.
while that is true, all the convenience you want is easily accesible by leaving your console on sleep mode as I said earlier.
is not like I'm saying that enso is worthless, convenience is a premium and having it is always nice, but if all you save is 1 simple step that you could do with your eyes closed and in less than 5 seconds then its value decreases.

Enso IS AN EXPLOIT
maybe you are right, it is an exploit. is not like I've been dissecting enso source code to know what exactly does, but the end result is the same. it cool boots your vita into cfw. it is more convenient, yes, but is no different from h-encore aside from the couple of screen taps/button presses you need to do in order to activate it.

Reactions: Arras

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while that is true, all the convenience you want is easily accesible by leaving your console on sleep mode as I said earlier.
is not like I'm saying that enso is worthless, convenience is a premium and having it is always nice, but if all you save is 1 simple step that you could do with your eyes closed and in less than 5 seconds then its value decreases.

maybe you are right, it is an exploit. is not like I've been dissecting enso source code to know what exactly does, but the end result is the same. it cool boots your vita into cfw. it is more convenient, yes, but is no different from h-encore aside from the couple of screen taps/button presses you need to do in order to activate it.
Takes even less time to activate h-encore if you have the bubble first on your screen and fix the trophy error and also less time to go from sleep mode back to the main vita menu with the nolockscreen plugin.

It's not as bad as some people make it out to be like the old email exploit which took multiple times to activate henkaku back in the day.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: Sakitoshi

princeEyeless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still on 3.60 henkaku. Too lazy to update. This is a good news for me. Thank you for this news krista and LetMaiDie for the rePatched. Gotta install t this coming weekend.

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything that requires 3.65+ that's even worth playing?
Dangonranpa V3, Rabi-Ribi, Undertale, VA-11 HALL-A, Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the Seven Devils, Stardew Valley.

And that's just for US stuff on NPS.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dangonranpa V3, Rabi-Ribi, Undertale, VA-11 HALL-A, Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the Seven Devils, Stardew Valley.

And that's just for US stuff on NPS.
The only ones on that list that require higher than 3.65 are Bloodstained, Bunny must die and Stardew, the others can be played on 3.65 which supports enso already. Fair enough about bloodstained and stardew though, those are good games. I haven't played Bunny must die, but apparently it's very divisive.

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ones on that list that require higher than 3.65 are Bloodstained, Bunny must die and Stardew, the others can be played on 3.65 which supports enso already. Fair enough about bloodstained and stardew though, those are good games. I haven't played Bunny must die, but apparently it's very divisive.
When people say ##+ they generally mean the ## included in the list. 3.67+ yeah there's only like 3 games at the moment, at least for US releases.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When people say ##+ they generally mean the ## included in the list. 3.67+ yeah there's only like 3 games at the moment, at least for US releases.
The game downloader I use puts 3.65 games as [3.61+] and 3.67 games as [3.65+], so I figured that was the standard way of doing it.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Give up already. Enso is really what people want their hacked systems to be like. It's a huge difference in terms of how it feels.

Reactions: Belmondo

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've been trying to use this to play Super Robot Wars X but I don't know if I'm too stupid or something else because even with a comp pack for the game it still doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu