Lenovo ThinkPad S10, can it play N64 emulators?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am STRONGLY considering buying this. The only questions I need answered before I do is...
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/control...11D24AEBC064493

Is it able to play a N64 emulator, and keep a good frame rate (30FPS+)?
It has a "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950" and someone told me it gets around "1500-2000 3D marks" if that means anything. I do plan to upgrade it to 1GB of RAM.

Why do I need a laptop? Nope not for "lol just typing stuffzzzz" I need it because our office has no heating/cooling. The summers are hot, the winters are brutal and I just want to be able to do stuff not attached to my computer. Battery life doesn't matter to me as I will have a wall plug 90% of the time next to me. 10" screen is bigger then I was hopeing for I want it to be easy to carry.

Anyway do you think this would cover for me as a "part time light entertainment device" for days when it is just plan too cold/hot to be in this office?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Waay more than enough for the job.
I used to run N64 emulators on Pentium 3 PCs, and it was pretty enjoyable
smile.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work perfectly, I emulated N64 on my eeePC 701 (630mhz celeron) fine. Same 950 graphics. (950 will let you run World of Warcraft (pretty decently, 20fps pre-BC) and older games like Counter Strike etc

Also the Atom can be overclocked safely to 1.8ghz (in fact it ships with software to do that) in case you need more power.

I would buy a stick of 1GB RAM for 20$ for a slightly more smoother experience.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, that's 2 people who say it should work. I am happy but the more people who can confirm it the better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte