Gaming Lemmings DS

elm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am a NOOB... there I said it!! but can someone explain to me how to put the Lemmings DS onto my DS and play it, I downloaded the ROM and put it on my DS and it said "Bad File".

I have a M3 Simply and Kingston SD card.

Thanks Elm

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already, get the latest loader for the Simply and put it on the card. It has DLDI auto-patching, which will remove a couple of steps. You can download it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=685

Download LemmingsDS v7.02, extract the "LemmingsDS" folder and the "lemmingsds_config.txt" file from the .zip file, and copy them to the root (i.e. not to another folder) of the microSD card. The .nds file (the file you run to start the game) is in the LemmingsDS folder, you can move it to the root of the card or a different folder if you want.

elm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already, get the latest loader for the Simply and put it on the card. It has DLDI auto-patching, which will remove a couple of steps. You can download it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=685

Download LemmingsDS v7.02, extract the "LemmingsDS" folder and the "lemmingsds_config.txt" file from the .zip file, and copy them to the root (i.e. not to another folder) of the microSD card. The .nds file (the file you run to start the game) is in the LemmingsDS folder, you can move it to the root of the card or a different folder if you want.

Thanks for the fast response... there is 2 files to download on the Lemmings V7.02 page... ROM and Source. Should I download both?? I didn't see a file that says "lemmingsds_config.txt" ??

I also read that homebrew games could mess up your DS system, wonder if that's true??

Thanks again,

Elm

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is 2 files to download on the Lemmings V7.02 page... ROM and Source. Should I download both??
No, just the ROM.

QUOTE said:
I also read that homebrew games could mess up your DS system, wonder if that's true??
It's possible (but not common) for homebrew software to corrupt your memory card, which can cause files to be lost. You should always back up all you save files and any other files that you don't want to lose before trying new software.

There was also a bricker going around a long time ago that would kill your DS, but I haven't heard of anyone running into that in the 8 months I've been visiting this forum. If you're worried about it, only download stuff from sites you trust, or at least from sites you found a link to from a trusted source (like the official news posts here at GBAtemp).

elm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the English file... should i put that on my SD card also??

I added the English file to my sd card... and it still says the same thing "corrupt File" ???

Sorry for too many questions!!!

Thanks Elm

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just replace the old _DS_MENU.DAT file that's in the root of the microSD card with the new one you downloaded (it should be inside the "English" folder). Don't copy the "English" folder to the card.

elm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!!! got it working....

biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What changed in 7.02? I have 7.01 with the fixes for two levels that someone here released, do I still need 7.02 for anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: