LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga delayed

Ex3fk4HWgAMxM1i.jpg

Longtime LEGO developer Traveller's Tale announced today on their Twitter that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, their "biggest and best-ever" LEGO Star Wars game to date, has been delayed indefinitely. Set to be an all-new retelling of all nine films in the main Star Wars saga, the title is expected to be the largest and most definitive in the LEGO Star Wars series.

daemonspudguy

Video Maker, Broken 3DS Owner, They/them Pronouns
Trophies
Website
jacobatice.com
XP
Country
United States
How am I supposed to do that with covid restrictions still in place in a lot of the blue states? lol
I take it you're someone who believes in "STOP THE STEAL!!!!!!!", and if not, you really should try to phrase your responses better, because that evokes a lot of "COVID is just a Chinese communist Democrat hoax started so the Antifa pedophiles can take over the world and make everyone GAY!!!!!!!!" vibes.

Fuck Rey; garbage character who through the power of "woman" manages to defeat well-trained Kylo Ren in her first lightsaber fight, resist mind probes with no training prior, and do all sorts of over-the-top Force stunts that were never hinted at before.
I am not denying that the sequels have issues, but how exactly is that any different to the prequels? Man uses power of "midichlorians" to become chosen one, kills countless people, and invents new force moves that never existed beforehand.

Last edited by daemonspudguy,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

daemonspudguy

Video Maker, Broken 3DS Owner, They/them Pronouns
Trophies
Website
jacobatice.com
XP
Country
United States
"something something only the original trilogy are real star wars movies something something everything else sucks"
Most accurate description of the Star Wars fanbase ever. - Posted by a Star Wars fan sick of the toxicity.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am not denying that the sequels have issues, but how exactly is that any different to the prequels? Man uses power of "midichlorians" to become chosen one, kills countless people, and invents new force moves that never existed beforehand.
Except that Anakin doesn't always win and is shown screwing up several times (i.e. losing his lightsaber during the assassin chase, having his lightsaber destroyed in the Geonosis factory, being captured, losing against Count Dooku, being led astray by Palpatine, losing against Obi-Wan), and really doesn't do anything as insane with the Force as Rey does. Not to mention losing his cool and slaughtering the Sand People when they kill his beloved mother.

Oh, and Anakin's shown being trained for years with Obi-Wan despite the above, when Rey receives minimal if any training and yet manages all those stupid stunts.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
"something something only the original trilogy are real star wars movies something something everything else sucks"
I'll never for the life of me understand how a game that was delayed SO MANY TIMES still ended up a pile of crap a-la Duke Nukem Forever.
I mean, duke nukem forever wasn't exactly horrible unplayable garbage, it was just stuck in the 90s, making it bad by modern standards(so still a bad game but i still think cyberpunk is worse because at lease duke nukem runs decently)

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakin spent years learning how to use the force. And even then he had a lot of downfalls.

Luke spent relative days with Obi-Wan and couldn't use them reliably until training nearly 3 years later under Yoda, which lasted for a month or two if I remember, before he could use them reliably during Cloud City.

Neither were Lightsaber aces out of the gate. They required training in both cases, even if self training for 3 years (Luke), and again, Luke wasn't heavy on his lightsaber until after Yoda taught him. He would still often use his blaster.

Rey meanwhile grabs a lightsaber and is instantly able to go toe to toe with someone who has received tutelage from Luke (and Snoke/Ovaltine) - Kylo Ren. She can use force powers with little to no formal training. And she does all she does in a fourth of the time Luke did his thing. RotJ is set 4 years after ANH (AKA Episode 4). Rise of Skywalker occurs 1 year after The Force Awakens. Luke and Anakin neither could use Force abilities until taught how to use the force, even if they were being used around them all the time.

Luke and Anakin/Vader never invented any new force abilities. What Luke did in The Flacid Jedi was, as I remember, something seen before in Legends. It's not as though we haven't seen some far reaching abilities before when using locuses of the Force (we see Palpatine directing events through mirrors in The Clone Wars, for example, at least once. This also occurs during Rebels).

Everything Rey does is unearned. She simply does it and then they rationalize it after-the-fact. Having two directors fighting for the direction of the series didn't help, but it didn't help that Jar Jar Abrams had to placate Kathleen Kennedy either.

EDIT: ONE MORE THING! You say that Anakin (or Luke, you're kinda vague who, but canonically it's Anakin who's the chosen one) "used the power of the midichlorians". I hate to inform you, but nobody 'uses the power of the midichlorians'. They're basically 'mystic genes', like DNA. Having better genes (more medichlorians) simply means better potential, when trained, to reach a higher potential. All living beings have medichlorians, one cannot control another's medichlorians, ergo, one cannot 'control' medichlorians, same way you can't control your own genes or another's.

Anakin had AMAZING medichlorian counts, and presumably so does Luke. HOWEVER! Neither could do a god damned thing if never trained. Yoda was still by and far the superior force wielder compared to Anakin. And Palpatine was no questions asked the most powerful sole force wielder in the series. Anakin's potential was cut short thanks to Mustafar, and he never truly recovered from that incident.

Last edited by VartioArtel,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a different game, with different mechanics and it'll be more open-world
It's not a different game. That's a myth they are creating to generate hype. The levels themselves are copied straight out of the original LSW games, they are just remaking, as can be clearly seen from the trailer which shows the exact same beats found in The Complete Saga, only prettier and from a different angle. The only new things will be the episodes for the Fanfic Trilogy.

Last edited by MarkDarkness,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most people only care about 4, 5, and 6 anyway.
I think most Star Wars fans care about both skywalker trilogies let’s be real that was boring/meh stuff in the prequel’s that needed to be there To fill in required gaps but at least it wasn’t offensive to the lore, it is the canon breaking abortion that is the sequel trilogy a.k.a. Palpatine Trilogy most fans have issues with.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...