LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga dated for October

LEGO and Star Wars fans alike have been eagerly awaiting the release of LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which just had its launch date quietly revealed. Announced in a news roundup on the official Star Wars YouTube account, was the release date for the game, given at about 1:55. The Skywalker Saga will release for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch on October 20th of this year, taking players through each of the nine mainline films. While previous LEGO games have covered the first six movies, this one is a completely new experience, according to the developers, improving upon combat and allowing for many different playable characters.

EDIT: Star Wars’ official account removed the video, despite the space cat already being out of the bag.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God I wish this included Clone Wars and Rebels. Or at least Ashoka (both versions), Rex (both), and Ezra.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
You know what would be great? If instead of the last 3 movies we got all 7 seasons of the clone wars, the mandalorian, and the force unleashed (with similar mechanics as the actual force unleased game). Or at least add them as dlc.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly; the change in what Palpatine looks like in Empire Strikes Back was a welcome one, as the previous one was butt-ugly, and just not Palpatine, at all.
change good
Same goes for changing Anakin's ghost in Return of the Jedi; it makes sense for Christensen to appear, as he was Anakin. "Anakin" as a person did indeed die at the hands of Darth Vader; the man in the black suit (in-universe) would never have called himself "Anakin", so the ghost that would appear should be that of a younger, unburned and unmutilated man who would call himself "Anakin".
additionally, in canonical appearances of vader's visions, he sees himself as revenge of the sith anakin when he's imagining being anakin again
there are times where he fantasizes about being older, but in force visions, he's always in the black robes with the mullet and the scar
Oh, and adding various prequel locations to the ending of Return of the Jedi makes the Empire's defeat truly feel like a galactic victory, instead of a minor thing that only benefits a handful of rebels.
weesa free
For example, I'm rather ambivalent about the infamous Mos Eisley scene; Han's still a badass either way...
having him murder someone was good character development, but it also built up mos eisley as this borderlands-style world where killing people pre-emptively is shocking from an auditory perspective, but otherwise is completely normal
i liked the feel better when there's only one shot, if there's two it seems like they're okay with duels more so than just murdering a guy
...and would remain so until the feminist-fanfiction trilogy, where he abandoned his wife and son and his beloved ship (yeah, no, to all three of that). Screw that shit.
han solo would totally abandon his wife and son... before all of his character development in the original trilogy
the sequels forgot the character development of their characters, finn does his plotline twice, luke forgets all of episode vi, poe's development by the end of episode ix should have happened by the end of hour 1 in episode vii, rey learns nothing, leia is a shadow of herself even before episode ix...
just kinda sad
The additions made to the beginning of the Mos Eisley scene do add unneeded padding, though; they can be removed.
don't you bare besmirch wolf man
wolf man is my favorite star wars character

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what would be great? If instead of the last 3 movies we got all 7 seasons of the clone wars, the mandalorian, and the force unleashed (with similar mechanics as the actual force unleased game). Or at least add them as dlc.
Lego Star Wars III was indeed based off the Clone Wars. (It might have just been the original Clone Wars movie, though.)

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
God I wish this included Clone Wars and Rebels. Or at least Ashoka (both versions), Rex (both), and Ezra.

Lego Star Wars III was indeed based off the Clone Wars. (It might have just been the original Clone Wars movie, though.)
The first few seasons, yeah. I'd love a complete SWTCW and Star Wars Rebels a̶n̶d̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶R̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ game, along with the anthology movies (maybe as DLC for this game?)

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Star Wars’ official account removed the video, despite the space cat already being out of the bag.​
You missed the chance to say despite the Loth cat already being out of the bag :angry:

Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Loth-cat.png

#justice for loth cat

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first few seasons, yeah. I'd love a complete SWTCW and Star Wars Rebels a̶n̶d̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶R̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ game, along with the anthology movies (maybe as DLC for this game?)
I wish, but don't think so... So many things happend in both series. Not as easy to put it into this tipe of game. The last seasons of both were actually dope, so maybe that? I don't even know. At least just character packs of the series as DLC would be kinda nice, for 5€/each with something like 10/15 of em per pack... I don't know

Reactions: banjo2

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maclunkey

Seriously though, I like the changes in the later versions of the movies, outside of the random CGI animals, I don't see the problem with them. I haven't seen the original special editions in a while, though.

Edit: the video doesn't seem to be working, what happened?

I saw them in the theater, the originals that is. The special editions were horror show when they came out in the 90's, most especially the music scene in Jabba's palace. Edits after that were made to help to correct the breaks in continuity that the prequels created (sloppy writing), and to soften a lot of aspects of the characters, themes, and such, such as Han Shooting first, or Luke attempting to kill himself in Empire.

The only way to see the movies in their original format would be to hunt down the DeSpecialized fan edits on the internet or a a Comic convention... a place now reserved for people who don't read comic books.

Anyhow, I'd really like to go on a rant about how Legacy Star Wars is better in every way, and how the emergence of the Clone Wars cartoon series and the murder of Karen Travis' Imperial Commando novel series and removing it from cannon was the last straw, but I'd be kicking a dead horse as I know I can only really appreciate this material alone and in privacy as I can't even relate to Star Wars fans these days on any level.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the best legends material was made after the release of episode III
and you're here like "legends good, special editions bad"

even if it isn't to your taste, tell me how greedo shooting first "broke" star wars

I would not say that all of the best only came out after the prequel era as there was already a vast amount of fantastic stories before then, but for sure, Karen Travis' Imperial Commando series blew me away, as did Shatter Point, Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Horse Comic's material at the time, etc. In fact I believe that the Imperial Commando series was perhaps my favorite Star Wars reads ever.

That said, despite all the effort of those passionate authors (yes the authors of Star Wars once had passion), they still could only do so much in regards to attempting to fix the problems Lucas Prequel stories introduced to the Cannon as he not only contradicted the establish Expanded Universe at the time, but also contradicted his original theatrical releases. Still though, the authors took what they had to work with and tried to fix that train wreck as best they could and give things the sort of explanations that actually fit into the Star Wars realm of possibilities rather than how Lucas, the Clone Wars TV series, and now Disney has handled things which is to take the original films and EU and instead force them to half ass work with the train wreck they've created.

Speaking of the Clone Wars, it was because of this TV series that Karen Travis was told to stop writing her Imperial Commando novels. While writing them she was told as the rest of the authors were told, that her material would be cannon, but when they decided to make Star Wars full on retarded, the pulled her off them, leaving us fans empty handed, and instead was tasked with the job of writing the children's novel version of the animated Clone Wars movie that released in theaters in order to draw attention to the upcoming series.

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i wonder if the removal means it was pressed too early. Especially since we didn't at the time knew it was coming to the switch I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps this might have been saved for a conference perhaps Nintendo.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
What kind of fucking casual thinks there are 6 mainline films? There are only 3, and 3 cash-grab dead-horse-beating shittier garbage films produced for idiots who just like pew pews.

Try not to jerk on Lucas's dick so hard, kid.
You better not talk bad about Jar Jar he may dark force choke hold you.

Reactions: Bedel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared