Gaming Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga DS

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I love Lego Star Wars but have never owned it. My PC refuses to run it due to pixel shader being absent so I have been restricted to going to a friend's house to play it. I own no game systems except the DS. The concept of putting the game on a handheld is awesome, but it just failed with The Original Trilogy DS. A combination of terrible glitches and the lack of what made the console versions so charming just messed it up. I will admit that I enjoyed it to an extent, but it was a letdown and the console version that eluded me was driving me insane, mocking me. Well, now in a few more days, we'll be getting what many say is the real deal. Previews, hands-on, the whole thing. All evidence points to this game being a winner. Only now do I see that is a possibility. If you go to the official game page, and then surf to the DS version, we are treated to about a minute of the DS game in action:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/legostarwarssaga/

Just head over to the DS page when you get there. My computer is old and almost exploded trying to load the vid, but it was worth it. Why? Here's why:

1: am about 95% sure it's the full console game with both trilogies.
2: new engine that seems both smooth, beautiful, and hopefully glitch-free (it's hard to tell, however)
3: both games in one!
4: touch screen lighsaber action!
5: fun-looking vehicle minigames

I sincerely hope this is the real deal. I want the levels, charm, and just plain coolness that was lost in the last DS game. We'll see in about 2 days! I wonder whether the cutscenes are played using the game's engine, or by use of full-motion video. Any comments? And please tell me I'm not alone in my love of Lego Star Wars!

yaynds.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I read in a magazine, they admitted they rushed the first DS game, and for this one they're doing the engine from the ground up. I can't freaking wait for this one.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm also hoping for the best with this game. I couldn't play the last one for very long before becoming frustrated with it. I do like the concept, however, and I love action / adventure, so it'll be fun to have...hopefully.
wink.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be strait up with everyone here. I'm going to try the rom on my R4 before I buy this game. I actually bought the last DS game at EB Games and after 2 days, returned it. The sales guy had pity upon me because I got him to play it for 5 minutes. The glitches and camera made him turn green! He even apologized for such a travesty! I traded it for that Final Fantasy 3 game and have since played with the rom on my R4. If nothing else, the glitches CAN be fun to play around with. But seriously, I am not sorry for trying out the rom. Maybe I'll buy it if they did well this time.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why support companies that rush out crappy games ?? im not i wont be buying this POS

its a stupid lego star wars game how good can it be ?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll see if it's crappy or not. I do agree with not supporting companies that put out crap (unlike Star Wars games on the Super NES before they were crap or before flashcarts). But I'm serious about owning the previous LSW. It was before I got my R4 and I really bought it (before my EB Games changed their name to Gamestop). There was a good game somewhere in that garbage, but I'm not much of a dumpster diver (at least as far as games go!). I later "acquired" the game again and now play it on my R4, sadly split between the fun and frustration that was mocking me. I just want a Lego Star Wars that I can experience on the go with all the levels and no game-breaking glitches. If the graphics and sound are not as good as the console versions, I'm ok with it as long as it's the real game.

nds.gif

P

pasc

It can handle 3D very well... or do you want to say that Tony Hawks Proving Ground or Dragonquest Monsters Joker have bad GFX and controls ?

It may be a underpowered system, but the most Developer (especially Activision and Square Enix) know how to get awesome looking game out of it. The benefits of the DS is clearly the fact that it has less loading time than the PSP or ANY current gen Home Console. Thats why I prefere it over ANYTHING, even my Wii ^^.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in the same boat with the original DS game, LucasArts gave me a copy of LSW for the PS2 for my suffering. Let's hope they do it properly this time.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the PC version of Lego Star Wars, so I avoided the DS version when I heard of all the bugs. Hopefully this one one play correctly.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been waiting for this game for a while. I loved all the ones for the PS2, so I'm sure the DS one will be excellent too. Hopefully with a nice range of characters. (Grievus pl0x!~)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks. +1