Lego: Lord Of The Rings

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by siliconmessiah, Nov 28, 2012.

Nov 28, 2012
  1. siliconmessiah
    OP

Member siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had a day off today and decided to pick up this game in my local store as it had just arrived and was placed among the new releases. I have never gotten into the LEGO games at all before, as I see them too simplistic and easy. But this time, things are different. What a fantastic game they bring to the Wii in its final days! I can highly recommend this game.

* Free Roaming & Open World
    * LOTS of quests
    * A good challenge (I consider myself a seasoned gamer, and it´s up to the task)
    * A smithing system
    * LOTS of unlockables
    * Music and dialogue from the movie

Notable is that the DS/3DS/Vita-versions does NOT have the free roaming & open world. But the Wii has it all and handles things well and good!

2. siliconmessiah
    OP

United States
    Is there anyone else on GBAtemp playing this game right now? I assure you, that it´s one of the real Wii-gems out there right now. Probably one of the last. I played on for another day now, and it´s amazing how much there is to discover, and how good it stays true to the movies. Traveller´s tales surely nailed it!

SPOILER IN WHITE TEXT BELOW:
    I got really, really disappointed at first, when the ending credits started to roll after about 6-7 hours of gameplay. I thought they had cut the game short on the Wii. But I was soon to discover that it was ONLY the end of "The Lord of The Rings". And I had me a good laugh instead of a rage. :yaysp: You´ll also get to play "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King". Amazing! And the world map stays open and free roam over all these episodes!

3. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Yes, great game.
    Anyway you should try all previous LEGO games on Wii. They are all Quality games.

4. siliconmessiah
    OP

United States
    I have played Lego Batman 1 back in the days, but I found it just to be a quite boring thoughtless beat ´em up actually. But I heard that Lego Batman 2 also has an open city, and it might be something for me to check out.

It was the role-playing elements and the open world that got me into Lego LOTR.

I have been thinking about the Lego Indiana Jones games, as I heard that they feature some puzzle elements.