LEGO Jurassic World will be getting a Switch port

Joining the long list of ported games to the Nintendo Switch is TT Games’ LEGO Jurassic World. Just as most LEGO games do, this title takes content from a media franchise—in this case, the four Jurassic Park films—and recreates them in LEGO form, with the typical quirky charm seen in other games by the same developer. LEGO Jurassic World previously released back in 2015, but will be getting re-released, bundled together with all of its DLC, for the Switch on September 20th of this year.

Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, LEGO®Jurassic World, which was originally released in 2015, covers more than two decades of the epic Jurassic World franchise from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment. Re-imagined in LEGO form and told with TT Games’ signature humour, the thrilling adventure re-creates unforgettable scenes and action sequences from Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III andJurassic World, allowing fans to play through key moments and giving them the opportunity to fully explore the expansive islands of Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

“We’re delighted to bring the exhilarating adventures in LEGO® Jurassic World to a new generation of players on Nintendo Switch™,” said Jonathan Smith, Head of Production and Strategic Director, TT Games. “The young and young-at-heart will love re-experiencing the magic of the movies told through a LEGO lens at home and on-the-go.”

Players can take on the roles of heroic film characters, such as Dr. Ian Malcolm, Dr. Henry Wu, Claire Dearing, Owen Grady and more, throughout 20 story levels on a mission to collect precious amber containing dinosaur DNA. Players can use the DNA they’ve collected to create completely original dinosaurs with the Dino Customiser by mixing and matching colour, body parts and abilities, or fill the giant footsteps of the LEGO dinosaurs and play the game as the beasts themselves.

:arrow:Lego Jurassic World review

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Wonder how well this will run on the Switch. But I bet many people will backlash at this with their sorry excuses suchas "port" "port" "port"

By the by, why isn't this showing up on the front page yet?
Is..GBAtemp broken or my phone acting up perhaps.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As much as I adore LEGO games, I really still wish they would change the gameplay a bit and improve it. Last LEGO game I've played was Marvel Superheroes 2, and then replayed City on the Switch. I don't have the heart to play another.
I’m not a LEGO video game kinda person, but the changes they showed for their engine and gameplay in the E3 LEGO Star Wars trailer were impressive to me. Better aiming, combo attacks, all sorts of neat new things they were bragging about.

Reactions: banjo2 and Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
they actually did change it in lego movie video game 2...but they made it worse

Really? I don't remember any noteworthy change.

I’m not a LEGO video game kinda person, but the changes they showed for their engine and gameplay in the E3 LEGO Star Wars trailer were impressive to me. Better aiming, combo attacks, all sorts of neat new things they were bragging about.

Sounds good, though some LEGO Superhero games already have a combo and special attack kind of thing already so I hope this is something newer.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

those new features were already added in LEGO Movie 2 TVG

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, this was the one with the horrible audio if I remember right. They had new recorded lines mixed in with audio straight from the movie and I don't know what they did to the audio from the movie, but man, it sounded like crap.

Reactions: Hielkenator2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wonder how well this will run on the Switch. But I bet many people will backlash at this with their sorry excuses suchas "port" "port" "port"

By the by, why isn't this showing up on the front page yet?
Is..GBAtemp broken or my phone acting up perhaps.
i can imagine how bad it's going to be this was one of the buggiest fucking lego games they made YET. they should have named it lego CTD world!
the game had a wiiu port so no idea why everyone is asking how this will run, all lego games run badly on any console and are prone to crashes here and there, ever since ps2 days there hasnt been a good running lego game, and i own them all :P

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised lego games hav so many puzzles when ther aimed at kids - wonder how many kids got the game and after half hour said to ther parents this is rubbish - I can understand teens buying it but for say 5 to 9 Yr olds this isn't the game for them - strange why ther not just action games

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm surprised lego games hav so many puzzles when ther aimed at kids - wonder how many kids got the game and after half hour said to ther parents this is rubbish - I can understand teens buying it but for say 5 to 9 Yr olds this isn't the game for them - strange why ther not just action games
yeah this one has basicaly no combat you dont kill anything since humans dont fight dinos with very few rare exceptions where 3 or 4 times you kick some compys on the entire trilogy lol but yeah its all puzzles this one.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
the game had a wiiu port so no idea why everyone is asking how this will run, all lego games run badly on any console and are prone to crashes here and there, ever since ps2 days there hasnt been a good running lego game, and i own them all :P

All huh? Neat. :)

I actually do wonder why every LEGO game these days have those crashes, it feels like the same kind of crash as well. Do they still use the same engine or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.