Gaming Lego Indiana Jones DS

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it'll play pretty much the same as the last Star Wars game, which isn't a bad thing.

Hoping for a bit of variety as the SW one got boring after a bit.

Still waiting for LEGO Batman DS screens.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not a big fan of the lego games.. They always make you go 'Wow! Pretty cool and fun' at first, but after a while you realise its repetiveness hidden under its cloak.
Well I guess it doesn't matter.. going to play it anyways ^^

P

pasc

Hadrian said:
Looks like it'll play pretty much the same as the last Star Wars game, which isn't a bad thing.

WAIT... is there even a Lego Batman game ? I thought it would only come out for the big consoles ?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
Hadrian said:

WAIT... is there even a Lego Batman game ? I thought it would only come out for the big consoles ?
All places say its available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PlayStation Portable, PC, Wireless, Nintendo DS & Nintendo Wii.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think half the fun of these is to relive memories of the movie in an enjoyable game form, and the most recent Lego Star Wars got it right imo. Really looking forward to this one. Hope they've put in the effort to make it a quality product the first time.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really looking forward to this game. If it's close to as fun as the Star Wars Saga, it will be a blast. And not only is it fun in single player, but it's even more fun to team up with a friend/family member.

I just hope it has the scene from the first movie where the big henchman and Indiana Jones are facing of as they prepare to fight. The bad guy is doing the whole sword-intimidation-routine, and then, instead of getting into a whole prolonged fight, Jones simply pulls out his gun and just shoots him. It's one of the best (and funniest) scenes in the whole series! I can just imagine seing that in this game with little lego people and it would be hillarious!

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
awesome.

I wonder if Lego Batman will follow the movie storylines or comic storylines...
Neither it'll just use the characters & locations. Looks to be a less serious version of Batman though it does look darker than the 60's camp TV show.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks very similar to lego star wars, now don't get me wrong, lego star wars DS was a good game, but for those of you who played the console and PC version first, you'll know how disappointing it was that the game had been cut down so much that the amount of content it contained was hardly a fraction compared to the others, and the roaming space was tiny

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To tell the truth, I was pretty preoccupied with how close they did make the ds version of LSWCS to the console versions. I mean sure there were cuttings/alterations to the game, but it's very rarely that we see a handheld version of a console game get so close to the bigger brothers.

When a game goes portable, the devs usually just scrap the console game completely and just build a different game (like Crash of the Titans on the DS which WAS very good.....maybe better than the console versions, but a totally different game from the console). They did this to LSW Original Trilogy (which was horrendous), but in the Complete Saga DS was a game that stayed pretty true to the console versions' original levels. The fact that the game is portable is great. In all it's cut down aspects, it's still a meaty game with a lot of replay value.

I do think they could have retained the cut level in each episode easily with a 128MB cartridge instead of their 64MB one. They could have included the FMV of the console games (like they are now correcting with Lego Indiana Jones DS). At least they used the real soundtrack of the movies instead of the MIDI of Original Trilogy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: