Lego Dimensions Accessories Bypass?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by coon-strudel, Sep 19, 2017.

1. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    If I don't want to buy the figures and stuff to play, couldn't I just retrieve a save file for it that already has a few things unlocked and ready?
    I don't know how the game works, but I thought that you wouldn't need the figures again for second game play.

Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this.

2. coon-strudel
    This message by coon-strudel has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 19, 2017.
    Sep 19, 2017
  3. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Forget it, just please close the thread

4. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Unfortunately no :( I have it on ps4 and just wish I could switch between the Doctor and Batman without moving a fucking action figure :P

5. coon-strudel
    OP

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Thank you for your answer

6. emulationxp

emulationxp Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
  7. OutVolt

OutVolt Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2008
    United States
    Hidding in the Shaodws
    You have to have the pad and atleast 1 person.
    You can do this. You can rewrite the 213 tags which is nice, but you may have to close and reload the game.

8. emulationxp

emulationxp Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
    every time you do some change in the tag ( in game ) is it necessary to reload the game to see that changes?

9. dmfp87

dmfp87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2017
    United States
    What is the name of the android app that lets you write wave 8 and 9 characters onto a blank tag?

10. schooluser

schooluser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    You have to have the pad to play the game, but if you buy the starter kit it comes with some figures and one vehicle along with the pad. If you choose to just buy a used pad on ebay or something, you'll be spending as much as buying a new starter kit from best buy.

The way the game works is you install the game from dvd, you plug in the pad, as the story starts you see a little lego movie. Then it mentions you need to assemble a lego character or vehicle and put it on the pad. You do not have to do the assembly, all you need are the nfc213 tags in their round base pieces that you place on the pad, and when you do they show up in the game. You swap them out based on what you're trying to do in the game.

You can buy the nfc213 tags and program them with a phone app, or for any vehicles you can just put a blank one on the base and it will program it for you. It works the other way around for characters, they have to be programmed before you put them on the base. The base will never program a character nfc. The app is called "wave.apk" or "LDtagEditor.apk" and an earlier version was called "Wave7.5.apk. Also, you can use Tagmo to make the tags, but you have to have the bin files, of which the wave 8 and 9 bin files are not available on the website where they usually are.

There are reddits dedicated to Lego Dimensions and such, that may be a better way to find the later characters bin files.

You do not have to reload the game or anything, one of the functions of the game is to rewrite the tag whenever you modify a vehicle or gadget, like when you upgrade the batmobile, it says place the tag on the base and it reuploads it. It only does it for the vehicle though. And you can have different tags for different upgrade. Keep one for a level 1 batmobile, 1 for a level 2 batmobile, 1 for a level 3 batmobile (vehicles and gadgets can be made into 3 different things usually)
    You can print pictures and buy coin capsules for the size of the NFC tag and make extras so you don't have to modify the same vehicle over and over again, and just have one for each section. 23602273_922598844561997_200047889_n[1].png

Last edited by schooluser, Nov 19, 2017
    marferrari and dmfp87 like this.
  11. marferrari

marferrari Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Brazil
    Hey.., Where did you get the images? been trying to find for a long time...

12. schooluser

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    The actual character pictures I got straight from the lego dimensions wiki website. the characters nfc213 tag images are all built into the free android app, ldtageditor.wave8-9.apk

13. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    I cant seem to find images on the wiki page. Can you share a link to where you found them?

Last edited by my2k2zx2, Jan 9, 2018
  14. schooluser

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    I think I understand what you're asking, there is no "mass download" or picture that includes all of them at once.

Here's one for Batman, I just chop off the bottom so I get a close up on the head.

http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dc-header-batman.png

Here's a list of characters with links
    http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Playable_Characters

I did each picture one at a time, I put them into microsoft paint, using a 1 inch square cut out of each picture. I left like a quarter inch between each picture in every direction. I also labeled each character in case I didn't know them from the picture. I put it on an 11x17 paper to fit the most on each page. I also made a page with no pictures and nothing but names for the back of the rfid piece. Then once I had all the pictures I needed in the files, I printed the page and used a 1 inch circle hole punch to punch every one of them out, and then put the picture into a coin capsule along with the rf tag.

15. kokkie20

kokkie20 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2008
    United States
    I am working on that in photoshop to, well bit different then you did @schooluser but almost the same ;)
    *Do you mind to explain which one is the one on your pictures bottom right? I see 2 i don't recognize (The dimensions circle and the one on the left to it? )
    Am indeed cutting them also out piece by piece trough images from wikia (Or google) and placing them in circles with a name above their head.
    Same go's for the vehicles.

Example of how i did it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by kokkie20, Jan 21, 2018
  16. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    Those are really nice. Would you mind share the finished product? Thank you

17. schooluser

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    The one to the left of the portal is Lord Vortech, the villain. I didn't actually make that one, because I have no idea which one would be his character file in the app. The one above the portal in red is Red Lantern Supergirl.

If you get a finished file that has all characters in it and it prints to 1 inch scale for each pic with the name on it, I'd love a copy. Mine isn't that great and I'd like to re-cut them if I get another 1 inch hole punch that works properly.

18. kokkie20

kokkie20 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2008
    United States
    Will upload tomorrto the files.
    With small instruction on the correct print settings so it scales correct.

19. kokkie20

kokkie20 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2008
    United States
    Sorry for double post but needed to bump;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b2d5a9dwj7ksry9/LD1inchimages.zip
    When using windows then use the following setting when printing:
    Fill Page (Don't use "Fit For Page" or how it is called)

For mac i have no clue, that is something you got to figure out

anyone managed to get:
    1134 (Loyds Golden Dragon rebuilt 2) to work?
    I only get the message update bla bla when i place it ingame :(

Last edited by kokkie20, Feb 3, 2018
    schooluser likes this.
  20. schooluser

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Thank you so much for sharing the formatted images!

I haven't tested all of mine and have not yet gotten to lloyds golden dragon, and on occasion when I go to use one of the ones I've made it doesn't work. I had one rfid tag that seemed to work properly but when tried in game it would not work. I had to make a new one.

I have, however noticed that sometimes the memory gets messed up, or full from swapping characters, in the game. You may have to exit the game entirely and come back in to try and verify it works again.

If that doesn't fix it, then you may need to do the story mode for that set until you can naturally upgrade the original one and rewrite the upgrade. There are "max upgrade" options that may allow you to unlock the second upgrade without going through the story mode, but the idea is that once you've unlocked an upgrade, using that character you can change the object/vehicle back and forth to the different upgrades any time you want.

21. kokkie20

kokkie20 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2008
    United States
    You are welcome :)

Most of mine works without problem, only the lloyds golden dragon (Last upgrade) is not working (The other 2 are working, weird...)
    Tried it on 3 different tags but none of them works sadly.
    Ill try to update it soon, maybe that will work and try to rewrite it to the tag :)

Thanks for the reply! And enjoy the images (Took me quite some time to make them, had to cut a lot of images out)