Hardware Lego City Undercover on the Switch - Loading times are still terrible

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,388
  • Replies 20
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Were you hoping they'd take 10-15 secs? Yeah, no. It takes almost a minute even on a cartridge.

On the bright side, LCU will be available on more platforms so that's good.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Think it'll be any better on PS4/XB1? I know someone did a test with an Assassin's Creed game, testing with an SSD, microSD, and PS4 Pro HDD on their computer for loading, and microSD actually beat out the HDD by a good 10 seconds on average. My theory on that is because games aren't like copying one large file but have to jump around the game data so many times to grab the unique pieces of data, the access time becomes the important factor, and when comparing flash storage with an HDD with moving parts, flash wins hands down.

Of course, on PS4/XB1, which how much more RAM they have, they might have a long "initial" load, then quick ones after that. As it is, the game was made initially for Wii U, which only had 1GB of RAM for devs, so I dunno.

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah they reckon if you download that the loading times will be quicker that's what it's supposed to be for or so its rumored to be.
There isn't a 13GB update, iirc that's how big the base+update are and you'll have to download that if you get the digital version

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Woha that's some bad loading times.
Yes, if it's as bad on the PC or just eats memory. then it's very poorly optimized.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this game has terrible loading times on all platforms, no idea who programed this but while the game is fun the loading times are atrocious.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't think the ps1 was bad on loading times... however for this day and age it's atrocious. I'll still probably buy it though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Didn't think the ps1 was bad on loading times... however for this day and age it's atrocious. I'll still probably buy it though.
I remember Driver 2 taking like 20-30s but still felt like it loaded up pretty quickly every time so there's no reason why more advanced technology takes longer. And it's on cartridge not on a disc!

If Zelda BotW was properly developed for the Switch the loading times would be extremely fast too, I'd guess but instead it's just a rushed, playable port we got.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think it'll be any better on PS4/XB1? I know someone did a test with an Assassin's Creed game, testing with an SSD, microSD, and PS4 Pro HDD on their computer for loading, and microSD actually beat out the HDD by a good 10 seconds on average. My theory on that is because games aren't like copying one large file but have to jump around the game data so many times to grab the unique pieces of data, the access time becomes the important factor, and when comparing flash storage with an HDD with moving parts, flash wins hands down.

Of course, on PS4/XB1, which how much more RAM they have, they might have a long "initial" load, then quick ones after that. As it is, the game was made initially for Wii U, which only had 1GB of RAM for devs, so I dunno.

botw loads really fast from the inbuilt 32gb storage, sd being the middle ground and loading from the cartiridge being the slowest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday