LEGO City: Undercover has been delisted from the Wii U and 3DS eShops

header.jpg

What was once a Wii U exclusive has been removed from the platform. 2013's LEGO City: Undercover has been delisted from the Wii U eShop, along with LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins on the Nintendo 3DS, joining the ranks of Netflix and DSiWare titles in a recent removal spree occurring on older Nintendo systems. At the very least, both games had a physical release, and LEGO City: Undercover was re-released on the Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Instead of just quietly delisting games, why doesn’t Nintendo stop being a little bitch and just shutdown the entire service? Like, no one wants them to shut it all down but at least it wouldn’t be this nonsense where they are quietly removing games from the market

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
does it really matter if games are 'lost forever'? This hobby is only about 40 years old, in 40 more years there are probably going to be another 200 lego based games, do we really need to preserve everything? Nintendo are delisting these because they aren't making (enough) money, they can't keep every game ever on their servers until the end of time just for the sake of preservation.

In that time all your optical media will be worthless unreadable trash too, and probably the same for carts if they're not expertly cared for, and very few people are going to care.

WaffleRaccoon

Breakcore Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, they went way too far. Lego City Undercover was one of my favorite childhood games. It was an Alternative to Gta since my parents don't let me play GTA.

Reactions: naughty_cat

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not a fan of lego's but nintendo's removing stuff like sneaky bastards.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe they're good games, but it would not surprise me if these games sold less than a hundred copies in the last twelve months. I didn't even know it was on the 3DS eShop.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck is going on??

why does Nintendo keep getting more and more hostile towards its users?
The fact that there is no warning for these delists feels downright spiteful

I saw when they interviewed the current CEO regarding the joycon drift, and it seems they have really "malicious" intent with the stuff they're doing.what
a disgrace to poor iwata's legacy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: