Legitimate Eshop Titles Saves to Cia

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by KomasterXX, Sep 30, 2016.

1. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    So, I was finally able to install arm9loaderhax + Luma CFW. I used the dsiware downgrade method, and therefore had to delete my Nintendo ID which had several games installed.

I backed my previous 3ds files (SD Card), because I assumed that the savefiles are somewhere within the Nintendo3ds folder, but in a different format (I assume). I have even backed up said games using the 3ds' backup and restore method in the data management, and I also presume that they are within the Nintendo3ds/Backup folder.

Is it possible to get those savefiles and to get them to work on an emunand? Help is appreciated.

2. ksanislo

ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2016
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that your backups can't be restored after a system transfer... You would only be able to restore backups from the system that originated the transfer, since your downgraded system effectively became that one during the transfer itself. The only thing that would have saved them would have been to export them out using a .3dsx app from under HBL before you began.

Hopefully someone else will chime in here to tell me that my understanding is totally wrong, but I don't believe that's the case...

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you format the system, all the files in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on that system become useless. And since system transfer formats the target console, that means all existing downloaded games and saves become useless. The encryption keys change, and there's no way to recover them unless you have a NAND backup from before the transfer (I believe that should be possible to create with dsiwarehax)
    What you should have done before the transfer was back up all your saves with JK's Save Manager or svdt, which saves them in a decrypted format that can be used on any console.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  4. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    That is unfortunate to hear...thank you for the feedback.

Another question, I have a Pokemon X save file which I exported using homebrew a while ago. I tried to use jksm save manager to import the "main" Pokemon X file (generated by pkhex). However, the game recognizes it as corrupt.

Is this it? = /

5. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    No, it isn't make sure to delete the secure value whenever importing any save

6. KomasterXX
    OP

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Thank you, got it to work. : )