Hacking Legit way to update OFW offline and without game

Conso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Is there a way to update the switch without going online and without having a game card, which contains the firmware update?

I would like to update my OFW to 4.1.0 (including burned fuses!), so everything looks legit and i can create a clean nand backup, before running CFW 5.1 and higher.
I know there is ChoiDujourNX to update without burning the fuses, but i'm not sure if the result will be indistinguishable from an offline update from a game card and such a backup could actually be considered clean.

Maybe i can use FTP (or some other way) to put the firmware in the sysnand filesystem, so i can install it via the system menu in OFW? I read somewhere else that you can get updates from other switches by copying the folder "SYSTEM:/Contents". Can i also write this folder and the OFW will pick it up as an available firmware update?

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Is there a way to update the switch without going online and without having a game card, which contains the firmware update?

I would like to update my OFW to 4.1.0 (including burned fuses!), so everything looks legit and i can create a clean nand backup, before running CFW 5.1 and higher.
I know there is ChoiDujourNX to update without burning the fuses, but i'm not sure if the result will be indistinguishable from an offline update from a game card and such a backup could actually be considered clean.

Maybe i can use FTP (or some other way) to put the firmware in the sysnand filesystem, so i can install it via the system menu in OFW? I read somewhere else that you can get updates from other switches by copying the folder "SYSTEM:/Contents". Can i also write this folder and the OFW will pick it up as an available firmware update?
choidujornx

Conso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
"everything looks legit"
Putting by yourself files to NAND will not look legit in any case. :D
Yes probably that's true, but who knows how it's implemented. If an available firmware update in the system menu is just detected by the presence of a certain file in the file system it could look just as legit (minus log entries from when the file was placed there and such stuff that may exist).
The installation would then be done the original way, not in some manual way like ChoiDujourNX probably does (i dunno if there are differences, thats would i like to know).

My problem is that as soon as i run 4.0.0+ with SX OS the card reader firmware will be updated and cannot downgrade back to a clean and usable 3.x.x anymore. By updating to 4.1.0 in a legit way and then taking a new nand backup chances seem to be higher.

I guess i have to either get a game with 4.1.0 or just say fuck it and forget about reverting the system to a 100% clean state.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Definitely not ChoiDujourNX since that runs as homebrew and needs CFW.
Maybe the PC ChoiDujour makes a clean image, but we don't know for sure, and it probably wipes log files which you would have to manually add back from the old NAND for it to look somewhat legit. Don't be surprised if you get banned even if you take those steps though, it's largely unknown exactly how Nintendo detects hacked consoles.

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you know someone with a Switch with the desired firmware version, you can "match version with local users". It is meant to update games but it also updates the firmware while it's at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.