Gaming Legit MPT, safe to play in modded Wii?

dark42

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have just received my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy from Amazon. When I put it in my Wii, it wants to do a system update. My Wii is currently on 4.1U and has Homebrew Channel, CIOS, USB Loader, and BootMii installed. Is it safe to let it run its update?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dark42 said:
it wants to do a system update. My Wii is currently on 4.1U
Somehow I doubt this, as 4.1 is the latest version.

You could install Preloader or startpatch to block updates, or load it through Gecko. In fact, I strongly advise doing this, because eventually they'll release another game that requires a homebrew-blocking update.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Covarr said:
dark42 said:

You could install Preloader or startpatch to block updates, or load it through Gecko. In fact, I strongly advise doing this, because eventually they'll release another game that requires a homebrew-blocking update.
Its true, it asks for update, even on 4.1
Noone knows what it does so to be sure, install preloader/...
But it shouldn't region brick or something

dark42

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Regions are not a problem, my Wii is the US version on 4.1U, MPT is the US version also. I have never changed my Wii's region or anything like that.

dark42

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I got a little impatient and ran it anyway. Works ok, doesn't seem to have broken anything. I even ripped the game to my HDD! However I can't seem to load any of the games from USB loader. It goes to the main menu of the game, but when I select one of the games to play, the Wii crashes and goes to the System Menu! Oh well, I'll play with the disc until Waninkoko updates the USB loader/CIOS.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dark42 said:
Ok, so I got a little impatient and ran it anyway. Works ok, doesn't seem to have broken anything. I even ripped the game to my HDD! However I can't seem to load any of the games from USB loader. It goes to the main menu of the game, but when I select one of the games to play, the Wii crashes and goes to the System Menu! Oh well, I'll play with the disc until Waninkoko updates the USB loader/CIOS.
Thats normal for MPT
you have to use alt-dols as explained in all those MPT topics

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Covarr said:
dark42 said:

Its true, it asks for update, even on 4.1
Noone knows what it does so to be sure, install preloader/...
But it shouldn't region brick or something
It wont ask for an update on 4.1. It will ask for an update on 4.1 on a wii which is "softmodded" i.e. loaded up with fail.
If you have regular 4.1, it will not ask for an update, I can almost guarantee you that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hii