Hacking Legit game unmodded my Wii?

Archetype282

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get DML to work (cant get NeoGamma to show option to load from DML) and i heard that i need a game in the disc tray so it would work. I have a legit copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 but i noticed that on the play game screen it says i have to perform a system update.(i already had 4.3 so i thought this was strange but) i accepted anyway in hopes of this solving my problem and all my mods disappeared. I tried to reinstall cios 236 and i ran D2x cios installer or whatever its called and it says that ios 249 and 250 were successfully installed but when i go to USB LoaderGX i get the screen where it tells me to "get cios action going on in my wii." i repeated all of this about 3 times and the cios still doesnt seem to be working even though D2x cios installer tells me that they were successfully installed. i followed the complete softmod guide and some guides here but they still didnt help. i just dont understand why my game had that update on it and why it reseted my cios and why i cant get my cios back. btw this was the game i ripped during DML. any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try using a different loader, like configurable usb loader.

After reinstalling your cIOSs, make sure u have priiloader installed with the block updates hack enabled.

You should also make sure u have bootmii installed at boot2 (if applicable) and a nand backup.

ModMii can help u do all of this if u need guidance

Cheers.

Archetype282

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using a different loader, like configurable usb loader.

After reinstalling your cIOSs, make sure u have priiloader installed with the block updates hack enabled.

You should also make sure u have bootmii installed at boot2 (if applicable) and a nand backup.

ModMii can help u do all of this if u need guidance

Cheers.
Every other usb loader works except usb loadergx. Thats the only one i like tho. priiloader comes up in an error idk why. Should i try removing stub ioses (whatever that is) and see if that fixes it? I'm really lost and i want my usb loadergx back. =(
Like i said, I installed ios 236 and the cios's necessary (249 and 250). I really don't see whats wrong.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As XFlak sugested go the ModMii rout he abviously spent a lot of time and energy on it to make it easier for issues like yours
here is a link http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/

As a side note USBLoader GX can be ran from different IOS if your sure that you have a cIOS installed on 249 than make sure to choose USBLoader GX that runs of 249

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally deleted IOS 249 once, being an idiot and following a youtube tutorial.
I installed d2x and from then on everything has been better. Oh wait, you installed that?

Try the trucha bug restorer and run USB Loader GX.

Just asking, why would you install an update in the first place? USB Loader GX can run disk games fine, (although it takes forever to launch the game) and even then you can use priiloader to disable updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM