LEGIT CIA Update on 10.3 (eShop question)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Noroxus, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Noroxus
    OP

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    I recently installed a legit CIA on 10.3 EU 3DS and now I have to update it in order for it to even start. Sadly I didnt do it before 10.4 got released so I am stuck right now. Doesn't an update trigger the system firmware update aswell? I know you can dismiss the update and launch it anyways, however as I said it doesnt work without it.
    I wanted to ask if it is possible to access the eShop on 10.3 through MenuHax and update the game without having to update to 10.4?

(Legit CIA do stay on the system even after a system update right? As they are official ones and have the legit key from Nintendo, right?... I might consider goin on 10.4 if anything else doesnt work, tbh....)

2. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    I've heard it's possible though Hans..not quite sure anymore, though.

3. Woody8275

Woody8275 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2013
    I used the eshop spoof through hans it worked on 10.3 but that could change

You could also install the newest NVer to NAND with NASA

4. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Perhaps downgrade to 9.2 by getting the CIAs from that ISO site and then install it from there (emuNAND perhaps?)

5. Noroxus
    OP

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    The HANS exploit is simply running the eShop through HANS and spoof the firmware version, right? Not quite sure what you mean by NVer tho...

Meh.... I dont wanna risk bricking my 3ds.... :s

6. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    They might nervous about doing that, since if you mess up now, you got 10.4, and there goes any chances for you to downgrade...for now.

Noroxus likes this.
  7. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Well NUS is HTTP - one could host all of 10.3's files and then make the 3DS download from them..